+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Hi folks! I will be thankful if you guys can help me. I've applied for a study permit extension on December 05th, 2023. In January, I was requested to give biometrics and on January 26th it was completed on IRCC website. I have just reveived a correspondence letter stating the validity of the biometrics till 2034 and in spite of saying that the application is still in progress, now I see March 12, 2024 in front of Final Decision. May I assume that I am about to receive the final decision? The overall processing time for study permit extension applications from inside Canada is 75 days (not include the time to give biometrics). In my case, it took 21 days from request to completed (biometrics), 21 + 75 = 96 days. I have already been waiting 98 days.

Thank you guys again!!!

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
Hi folks! I will be thankful if you guys can help me. I've applied for a study permit extension on December 05th, 2023. In January, I was requested to give biometrics and on January 26th it was completed on IRCC website. I have just reveived a correspondence letter stating the validity of the biometrics till 2034 and in spite of saying that the application is still in progress, now I see March 12, 2024 in front of Final Decision. May I assume that I am about to receive the final decision? The overall processing time for study permit extension applications from inside Canada is 75 days (not include the time to give biometrics). In my case, it took 21 days from request to completed (biometrics), 21 + 75 = 96 days. I have already been waiting 98 days.

Thank you guys again!!!
I’ve heard of quite a few others getting their final decision same day or the day after biometrics validity. I think you’ll most likely have it by tomorrow, fingers crossed!!

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
I’ve heard of quite a few others getting their final decision same day or the day after biometrics validity. I think you’ll most likely have it by tomorrow, fingers crossed!!
Thank you very much for your response!!! Hopefully I won't wait any longer!!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thank you guys again!!!
Posted processing times are just average estimates so would not base your life on the posted times. It typically takes multiple months for study permit extensions to be processed. It sounds as though your application may have been processed within 4 months which is actually better than most. I would wait to be contacted by IRCC. There is typically a delay between when things are posted online and when you receive correspondence from IRCC.

Reactions: MatQue

Aisy

Dec 24, 2023
Please
please I thought we are not to give biometrics again since we already give ? Don’t understand this biometric validity email you all receive

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Posted processing times are just average estimates so would not base your life on the posted times. It typically takes multiple months for study permit extensions to be processed. It sounds as though your application may have been processed within 4 months which is actually better than most. I would wait to be contacted by IRCC. There is typically a delay between when things are posted online and when you receive correspondence from IRCC.
I just got the approval!!! So happy. The study and work permits are now valid up to 08/2025. I have a question though. The documents will be received by mail? Do I need to send the passport for a new student visa stamp? I have a 2-week trip to Brazil starting next March 27th and I would like to travel with everything in hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taylah

Aisy

Dec 24, 2023
I just got the approval!!! So happy. The study and work permits are now valid up to 08/2025. I have a question though. The documents will be received by mail? Do I need to send the passport for a new student visa stamp? I have a 2-week trip to Brazil starting next March 27th and I would like to travel with everything in hand.
Congratulations, wow it was fast for you , I have been waiting since I applied January 9th nothing yet and my permit is expiring within 2 days , I am just frustrated and confuse.
I only sent 1 web form

Reactions: MatQue

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
I’d also like to know about the Student visa stamp on the passport. Just got my SP extension approved and would like to about the visa stamp.