+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit extension update.

ahnaftahmidatb

Jan 14, 2019
Greetings,

I have applied for study permit extension from outside Canada using my Canadian address.
Yesterday, I got an email about update on my cic account and it got updated with a correspondence letter (biometrics letter). I have applied for extensions before but never got that letter before, I directly received approval.
Is it normal? Also, I applied for the extension on March 30th, since they updated my account with the letter it means they are working on it right?

m_bashir

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
Hello, I got the same today for my SP extension!! Did you get approved and how long did it take after you received the letter?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hello, I got the same today for my SP extension!! Did you get approved and how long did it take after you received the letter?
Approval takes time.
Usually after getting email that your application is approved, it takes aroun 5-7 days for the mail to come in with your new SP.

Rahul_Singla

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
Greetings,

I have applied for study permit extension from outside Canada using my Canadian address.
Yesterday, I got an email about update on my cic account and it got updated with a correspondence letter (biometrics letter). I have applied for extensions before but never got that letter before, I directly received approval.
Is it normal? Also, I applied for the extension on March 30th, since they updated my account with the letter it means they are working on it right?
Hi, Can you please share how you get Study permit extension outside Canada ? It is legal to use old Canadian address to get visa approval ? What about Biometrics, If we can schedule it outside Canada ?