+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit decision for Fall 2021-London visa office

MZHSECA

Star Member
Jul 8, 2021
Hello,has anyone among you who have applied by 15th May 2021 received any decision on study permit application from London visa office till now?

I am still waiting for an answer although the processing time for study permit application on website indicates 7 weeks as of today's date.

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
I applied 6th of April. Eligibility review hasn't even started. I sent them a webform yesterday. I shall update when I have movement.

Jirome

Feb 24, 2021
Philippines
Category........
STUDY
Submitted April 20 and still no movement in our application as of this writing. It's now August 6 in Canada. Curious if IRCC has released their decision already to the applicants.

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Hey Jirome,
I replied to your post in another thread.
On August 6th I received a letter asking for more documents.
New LOA from educational institution, marriage certificate and updated proof of funds.

I don’t really know the reasons why, as LOA was submitted before and I’m not deferring, but I have requested a new one. Marriage certificate was also submitted already. Proof of funds, I applied early April, so bank statements were on the run up to March, so that’s fine. I can submit new statements up to end of July.

I will keep you updated, but I think if they’re asking for more documents and it wasn’t a refusal then the signs are fairly positive.

Have you not heard anything since biometrics?

Jirome

Feb 24, 2021
Philippines
Category........
STUDY
Hey Jirome,
I replied to your post in another thread.
On August 6th I received a letter asking for more documents.
New LOA from educational institution, marriage certificate and updated proof of funds.

I don’t really know the reasons why, as LOA was submitted before and I’m not deferring, but I have requested a new one. Marriage certificate was also submitted already. Proof of funds, I applied early April, so bank statements were on the run up to March, so that’s fine. I can submit new statements up to end of July.

I will keep you updated, but I think if they’re asking for more documents and it wasn’t a refusal then the signs are fairly positive.

Have you not heard anything since biometrics?

Actually it's my wife who's the student and we are applying as a family. We are also in a bizarre situation. Me, my wife and daughter are all clear already. What's holding our application is my son's medical status which is still pending. We applied January 14, completed our biometrics a few weeks after, then medical tests Feb 26. I had to go through the sputum test which took 3 months and passed and was cleared 1st week of June. We started to get worried as to why our son's status is still pending. So we requested for gcms notes. There is a note in there which says for final decision upon receipt of medical report. Note was as of April 20. That's the bizarre situation since all medical documents were already submitted to them by the RTO which we also confirmed from them. Our RTO mentioned IRCC didn't ask for any additional documents. So what we did 2 weeks ago is we resubmitted our son's medical sheet from the RTO. And now we are still waiting.

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Ah okay, hopefully the resubmission of your son's medical documents will kick start them into gear. At least once that's done it's plain sailing for you all.

I submitted my additional documents today, 10th August.

I hope that they look at them swiftly and come to a positive decision. I'm not sure if I'm convincing myself, but hope that a request for updated documents is a good sign, otherwise they may well have simply refused my application.

Time will tell.

Jirome

Feb 24, 2021
Philippines
Category........
STUDY
Ah okay, hopefully the resubmission of your son's medical documents will kick start them into gear. At least once that's done it's plain sailing for you all.

I submitted my additional documents today, 10th August.

I hope that they look at them swiftly and come to a positive decision. I'm not sure if I'm convincing myself, but hope that a request for updated documents is a good sign, otherwise they may well have simply refused my application.

Time will tell.
The whole journey is a test of patience.
Do hope our family and you get accepted... Soon. Well at least any feed back from IRCC would help. Goodluck to us both.

Reactions: Shmiler