+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit condition

Sep 25, 2020
I have recently entered canada on 17th of september. I have admitted in canada college for 2 years post graduate course that is business administration and commerce. But my immigration officer have given me my study permit for only 6 months and have mentioned the condition that this permit does not authorize the holder to engage in off campus employment in canada. so what should i do? It means i cant work in canada? Or i can ammend this condition? As i am admitted to canada college for 2 years and i am eligible to do part time job. What should i do?

sara.mk3

Jul 26, 2016
I have recently entered canada on 17th of september. I have admitted in canada college for 2 years post graduate course that is business administration and commerce. But my immigration officer have given me my study permit for only 6 months and have mentioned the condition that this permit does not authorize the holder to engage in off campus employment in canada. so what should i do? It means i cant work in canada? Or i can ammend this condition? As i am admitted to canada college for 2 years and i am eligible to do part time job. What should i do?
How did you land in Canada when there is a traveling band?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
No, you are not eligible to work as of right now. Canada College is not reputable and the officer felt you need to show some grades before you can work off campus.

MyHero

May 16, 2020
Why is your permit only for 6 months? Did you defer one and half a year then just went to canad? What is the stated validity letter in your POE? When did you lodge your application?