+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Change

tahaali23

Aug 20, 2019
Hey,

I applied for my study permit a month before from now, I applied too early for it, I should have waited for other colleges and universities to accept me. In fact, I got accepted in Seneca College in Computer Eng., but I have one concern: is that if i notified the CIC immigration on their main website i still need the new study permit to study in Seneca College cause I can’t just go there and show them my old study permit which has information about the old university that I want to change from.

My concern is that when I notify them that I changed my school from one to another how will I get my new study permit? should I go to the ministry of interior in there or how?

tahaali23

Aug 20, 2019
I’ve read all of that but no helping information regarding my case were there.
The problem is if I notified them that I changed my school, on my study permit that will be issued to me on the arrival to canada there will be the university’s name. My question is: how can i get the new study permit with the new DLI number and the new School name after notifying them whether on my account or emailing them?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Link says
While you don’t need to change your study permit, you do have to tell us when you change post-secondary schools

Do you need a new permit because college is asking for it?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
It was not clear from your question that it was the college demanding a new study permit. Ordinarily the college will just ask for a study permit (in this case the one with old college details). Their demand seems to be at odds with cic which says a new study permit is not required