+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Application with a PR application currently underway (delayed because of COVID)

hp1994

Jun 17, 2021
Hi Folks,

I am in a weird conundrum at the moment and any suggestions here would really be helpful.

I applied for my EE FSW PR application in October 2020, which is still pending on account of COVID. (Medical Passed in Nov 2020 and Biometrics Submitted in Jan 2021. Eligibility and Criminality passed as per GCMS notes. File not updated since Feb 2021)

I have plans for higher education in Canada but I applied for the PR first since I was eligible and it aligned better with my long term immigration goals. But the PR has been incessantly delayed with no clarity on expected timelines, and I cannot delay my education plans any further. I currently have two admission offers, one of which is under SDS, and I am planning to apply for the study permit.

I ve read that the dual intent caveat is very tricky in these scenarios, and makes study permit approval more difficult. If anyone has any experience with a situation like mine, any suggestion or advice on how approach my SDS Study Permit applicatiom would be much appreciated. Any input, which could help justify my dual intent and intention to return home in case my PR or PGWP gets rejected at the end of the permit, would be greatly appreciated.

Really appreciate it.
Thanks