+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Perm Extension (Implied Status) to apply for Post Graduate Work Permit

anshulc305

Apr 28, 2017
Hello,
Can i apply for post graduate work permit while i am waiting for my extended work permit to be received? My extended work permit is going to be expired on 30 July. I dont have enough time to wait for extended study permit and apply for post graduate work permit. Can anybody suggest me what should i do at this situation?

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Not really sure what you mean, as per my assumption you have applied for your study permit extension and is looking to see if you can get a PGWP, correct?

If so have you completed your study? And what was your course duration?

anshulc305

Apr 28, 2017
I have finished my studies and it was 2 years duration of program...actually I have applied for study permit on 24 march before the expiry date of my study permit which was 31st march...I am still waiting for my extended study permit which is suppose to expire on 30 july... As I have completed my studies this month I am looking forward to apply for post graduate work permit...But, I can't apply for work permit without receiving my extended study permit.. I don't know what should I do at this situation.. I have to apply for work permit before the expiry date of my extended study permit which I haven't received...

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So have you received confirmation from your college you have successfully completed your course if so you could apply for the PGWP and once your application is in you are on implied status pending approval so can work. Are you saying in your post your study permit expired march 31 so your status beyond that was in doubt without a study permit extension even though you had finished your education.

anshulc305

Apr 28, 2017
Are you saying in your post your study permit expired march 31 so your status beyond that was in doubt without a study permit extension even though you had finished your education. Yes, but i am sure that my study permit extension is going to be approved but i dont know when i would receive it. I already got apllication of my completed education this month. So, my question is how should i apply Post graduate work permit without receiving extended study permit on implied status?

anshulc305

Apr 28, 2017
Yes, but i am sure that my study permit extension is going to be approved but i dont know when i would receive it. I already got apllication of my completed education this month. So, my question is how should i apply Post graduate work permit without receiving extended study permit on implied status?

ramesh9856

May 22, 2018
Yes, but i am sure that my study permit extension is going to be approved but i dont know when i would receive it. I already got apllication of my completed education this month. So, my question is how should i apply Post graduate work permit without receiving extended study permit on implied status?
hi anusha what you did in this situation did you applied for study permit mine also same problem..ur reply would be helpful

Nav_deep

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
hi anusha what you did in this situation did you applied for study permit mine also same problem..ur reply would be helpful
Me also in same situation , looking for answer that can I apply for pgwp when my study permit is in implied status?

Mila_84

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Me also in same situation , looking for answer that can I apply for pgwp when my study permit is in implied status?
Hi, I was wondering if you applied for your PGWP even your study permit on implied status? I’m in the same situation... thank you!