+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study abroad

Laddi

Mar 20, 2013
Hi,i am sajandeep singh from india i have done +2 in non medical with 60%(eng-70,chem-53,phy-48,maths-45,phyedu-88) and in 10th i got 76%(eng-90,maths-70,hindi-80,science-70,sst-60).in ielts i scored 6 bands(L-6,R-6,S-6,W-5.5).i want to apply for canada student visa and the question in my mind is that,is this percentage sufficient and which course i have to choose so that i can get visa easily with this.pls suggest me i am very tense....!!Thanks

sunny11

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your percentage is a little low and getting into a canadian university is tough with that percentage. Atleast you shouild consider 70% and your IELTS band score is 6 and as far as I know, there isn't a single university that accept IELTS score below 6.5 with a minimum of 6 in each band. you'd improve your acadamic percentage as well as take IELTS again and get atleast 6.5. here is a link, i hope thsi'll help you. And don't be disoppointed, if you've strong intentions you can do it.
sites.google.com/site/studyingabroadincanada/home

Andym

Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
08-02-2013
If English proficiency is an issue some universities offer English Language Programmes during the summer. Not sure the cost, you may have to contact them directly. The added benefit is you may get a better sense of the university that you may wish to apply to in the future.
I am not yet able to post links but if you google:

University of New Brunswick ESL

you will be able to link to one of these programmes. I am sure there are many more out there from other universities as well.

sunny11

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can check the minimum requirements on specific university website and yeah, universities offer ESL programs to fulfill your English language requirements but these programs are expansive, $3000-$4000 is the average cost of ESL. To know about different universities in canada and their requirements, search in google and type: list of universities in canada
and open wikipwdia link and on that page you can see the links to universities in canada province-wise order.