+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student's initial PGWP + Spouse's open work permit extension (BOTH ARE INLAND)

kiwi_forever

Nov 18, 2020
Hi all,

Currently me and my wife are in Canada.

Me - On study permit till 30th Sept, 2021
My wife - On Open Work Permit till 30th Sept, 2021

I finished my studies on 30th April, 2021 and received all my final grades.

Can I do both (my initial PGWP + wife's OWP extension) application together? I have a valid job offer. Also please provide document checklist is possible.

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

Currently me and my wife are in Canada.

Me - On study permit till 30th Sept, 2021
My wife - On Open Work Permit till 30th Sept, 2021

I finished my studies on 30th April, 2021 and received all my final grades.

Can I do both (my initial PGWP + wife's OWP extension) application together? I have a valid job offer. Also please provide document checklist is possible.

Thank you.
You must have a NOC A, B or 0 job and have started that job (and be able to provide a few payslips) before you can apply to extend your spouse's OWP. If you only have a valid job offer but haven't started the job yet, then it's too early to apply for the OWP for your spouse.

kiwi_forever

Nov 18, 2020
You must have a NOC A, B or 0 job and have started that job (and be able to provide a few payslips) before you can apply to extend your spouse's OWP. If you only have a valid job offer but haven't started the job yet, then it's too early to apply for the OWP for your spouse.
Thank you for the response,

Yes, I have NOC B job offer, but the thing is since I did not get completion letter from my college yet I cannot apply for PGWP and hence I am legally allowed to work part time only. My employer wants me to hire full time but due to my limitation they cannot.

On IRCC website it does not say anything about part time or full time, it's just says job should be NOC 0, A or B AND payslips required.

I can provide part time job's payslips while I apply but do you think that it should work (for spouse's OWP extension support), if my employer mention on offer that "we will hire you part time now and full time upon application of PGWP"?