+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa, thai citizen

joemm210

May 24, 2015
My wife is thai she was in Canada before using a travel visa, but she is now back in Thailand, we have tried applying for a family visa but I am not allowed to sponsor her due to a past conviction of a sexual nature. This time we are going to apply for a student visa she has a letter of acceptance from a Canadian school. but after reading of a lot of refusals, I wanted to ask on here if anyone has any tips on how to get approved under our special circumstance.

the money we have saved is in my bank account and her bank account I have 25,000 and she has 10,000
is it only the thai visa office that rejects a lot of visas? would it be better for her to send an application to the US visa office since she does have a US visa and is legally allowed to visit the US.
or maybe she should travel to US and then apply for a Canadian visa there?

she has traveled the USA twice and has left, and she has also visited me in Canada and has left before her visa expired, so I am assuming that is going in our favor.
since most of our money is in my name I am kinda afraid that when I write a letter of financial support it will almost be rejected because of my sponsorship refusal.

anyone have any idea how to go about this?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately she doesn't qualify to submit her application through the US. In order to do so, she would have to be admitted to the US on a visa that allows a stay of at least one year (e.g. work permit, study permit). She needs to apply through the visa office responsible for Thailand.

It's difficult to say if she will be approved or not - however the odds are likely against her. To be approved, she will need to demonstrate that she has strong ties to her home country and has plans to return there once her studies have been completed. This will be very difficult to do given she has a Canadian husband and previously applied for PR - and clearly has an interest in remaining in Canada long term. Whatever course she selects must also make sense in light of her previous experience and education. She should NOT apply for a study visa to come to Canada to study English (e.g. ESL). These applications have a much higher rate of refusal. To e approved, she will need to show that she has sufficient funds to cover first year tuition (keep in mind that she will be paying international student fees) + $10K in living expenses + $2-3K in travel expenses. These funds don't have to be in her bank account - you can certainly support her in this regard. I don't think supporting her finanically will raise any more red flags that her application will already have since she will have to declare you as her spouse in her application and also mention the spousal sponsorship refusal.

Good luck.