+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Stamp on Passport - Name issue

Alrofai

Jul 16, 2022
Hi guys,

My study permit was approved and I just collected my passport with the visa stamp. My name on the visa stamp does not match my name on the passport, the last charcter of my last name is missing. Note that my full name is too long (35 characters) and not sure if they ran out of space so they left out the last character or its just a mistake. Also my name is my other documents issued by ircc like medical request, biomateric validy letter, and introduction letter dont have this issue.
Will the name mismatch on the visa stamp be an issue at the point of entry ? If so what can i do to fix it ?

Last edited:
Reactions: makarrim98

makarrim98

Aug 1, 2023
Hi guys,

My study permit was approved and I just collected my passport with the visa stamp. My name on the visa stamp does not match my name on the passport, the last charcter of my last name is missing. Note that my full name is too long (35 characters) and not sure if they ran out of space so they left out the last character or its just a mistake. Also my name is my other documents issued by ircc like medical request, biomateric validy letter, and introduction letter dont have this issue.
Will the name mismatch on the visa stamp be an issue at the point of entry ? If so what can i do to fix it ?
Hi there,
I also have the same issue. I just collected mine and my last digit is missing. All other docs have my name correctly addressed. Could you tell me what I need to do?

Alrofai

Jul 16, 2022
You don't have to do anything; they have a limit on the characters in the visa stamp. However, according to what happened to me, your name in the IRCC system would be complete, and when you get your Study permit in the Airport upon arrival, you will see that it's complete.

You have nothing to worry about as long as you have written your name correctly in your Visa Application.