+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Queries for Indian students

zim1988

Oct 12, 2014
Greetings,
I am preparing my visa application & have a few concerns, which I hope you could help me with, by sharing ur experience.

- I'm applying from Mumbai, India & wanted to know the average processing time from submission to getting the decision (approval / rejection)

- Should I apply online or offline. Which process is faster & efficient. Personally, I am inclined towards the online process, but i'm not sure about the processing time.

- If I apply online, then how & when would my passport be stamped.

- I have gone through the CIC website thoroughly & i'm confident to do the process by myself. I wanted to know the process to get a GIC (Guarantee Investment Certificate). Does having GIC improve one's chances. I'm applying to university, so my category would be university (not spp or general) , right ?

- In case of visa rejection, after how much time can I reapply. Any idea about the refund process for GIC.

- I have applied under Express Entry & have 438 points. However, i'm keen to upgrade my skills & hence had opted for Masters education in Comp Science. Would my immigration (EE) application harm my student visa ? Many people r scaring me it would. But I'm tried to immigrate legally & have no plans to stay there illegally. So, I don't understand how it would reduce my chances to get a visa.

Thank you for reading. I hope you could help which would help others having similar queries.

Regards,
Aazim

nadirkhan1666

May 2, 2015
Hello

I think you should talk to any consultancy on the phone and ask all your questions. You will get response much faster and correct. These consultancies does not charge any thing. And if you are not satisfied with their response then you can again cross check by calling any other consultancy. Canam Delhi is the consultancy through them I am gonna apply for my Visa.

All the best.

velveteen

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-15-2015
AOR Received.
11-15-2015
zim1988 said:
Greetings,
I am preparing my visa application & have a few concerns, which I hope you could help me with, by sharing ur experience.

- I'm applying from Mumbai, India & wanted to know the average processing time from submission to getting the decision (approval / rejection)
- 3 weeks acc to CIC website:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

- Should I apply online or offline. Which process is faster & efficient. Personally, I am inclined towards the online process, but i'm not sure about the processing time.
- Online is usually faster.

- If I apply online, then how & when would my passport be stamped.
- Once your visa is approved, you will get a request for submitting your passport

- I have gone through the CIC website thoroughly & i'm confident to do the process by myself. I wanted to know the process to get a GIC (Guarantee Investment Certificate). Does having GIC improve one's chances. I'm applying to university, so my category would be university (not spp or general) , right ?
- Don't know about this.

- In case of visa rejection, after how much time can I reapply. Any idea about the refund process for GIC.
- Don't know about this.
- I have applied under Express Entry & have 438 points. However, i'm keen to upgrade my skills & hence had opted for Masters education in Comp Science. Would my immigration (EE) application harm my student visa ? Many people r scaring me it would. But I'm tried to immigrate legally & have no plans to stay there illegally. So, I don't understand how it would reduce my chances to get a visa.
- I assume you haven't applied for PR yet and are just in the Express entry pool? Don't worry - just be forthcoming and mention in your SOP that you are in the EE pool. In general, other than your intent to go back to home country, your EE profile and study permit application have no effect on each other.

Thank you for reading. I hope you could help which would help others having similar queries.

Regards,
Aazim

neerav

Dec 16, 2015
nadirkhan1666 said:
Hello

I think you should talk to any consultancy on the phone and ask all your questions. You will get response much faster and correct. These consultancies does not charge any thing. And if you are not satisfied with their response then you can again cross check by calling any other consultancy. Canam Delhi is the consultancy through them I am gonna apply for my Visa.

All the best.
hey, I have also applied through canam delhi. can I ask which course and from which college?