+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Queries for Indian students

zim1988

Oct 12, 2014
Greetings,
I am preparing my visa application & have a few concerns, which I hope you could help me with, by sharing ur experience.

- I'm applying from Mumbai, India & wanted to know the average processing time from submission to getting the decision (approval / rejection)

- Should I apply online or offline. Which process is faster & efficient. Personally, I am inclined towards the online process, but i'm not sure about the processing time.

- If I apply online, then how & when would my passport be stamped.

- I have gone through the CIC website thoroughly & i'm confident to do the process by myself. I wanted to know the process to get a GIC (Guarantee Investment Certificate). Does having GIC improve one's chances. I'm applying to university, so my category would be university (not spp or general) , right ?

- In case of visa rejection, after how much time can I reapply. Any idea about the refund process for GIC.

- I have applied under Express Entry & have 438 points. However, i'm keen to upgrade my skills & hence had opted for Masters education in Comp Science. Would my immigration (EE) application harm my student visa ? Many people r scaring me it would. But I'm tried to immigrate legally & have no plans to stay there illegally. So, I don't understand how it would reduce my chances to get a visa.

Thank you for reading. I hope you could help & helps others having similar queries.

Regards,
Aazim

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Upfront on 03-03-2016
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
Hi zim1988

In relation to the visa application process I would answer few of your queries with my experience

- I'm applying from Mumbai, India & wanted to know the average processing time from submission to getting the decision (approval / rejection)
Reply: The processing time is not much different. The rejection takes usually lesser time than approval. It usually depends on the workload of the high commission/embassy.

- Should I apply online or offline. Which process is faster & efficient. Personally, I am inclined towards the online process, but i'm not sure about the processing time.
Reply: There is not much difference between the process, only correspondence and transmission of application documents will require more time in offline application compare to online application. However offline application gives you opportunity to submit as many documents as enclosure in support of various parts of visa application. In absence of these documents the chances of application refusal increases. The online process has got this limitation to upload the number of document

- If I apply online, then how & when would my passport be stamped.
Reply: In case of online application, CIC will communicate you through your account to submit your passport for processing.

- I have gone through the CIC website thoroughly & i'm confident to do the process by myself. I wanted to know the process to get a GIC (Guarantee Investment Certificate). Does having GIC improve one's chances. I'm applying to university, so my category would be university (not spp or general) , right ?
Reply: GIC is most credible proof for means of financial support and only ensure that your visa is not rejected for not providing adequate proof for means of financial support. As far as I know there is only two bank in India who provides GIC i.e. ScotiaBank & ICICI Bank Canada.

- In case of visa rejection, after how much time can I reapply. Any idea about the refund process for GIC.
Reply: In case of rejection you can re-apply as soon as possible if you feel that you can respond to the concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements in rejection letter. But Remember new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Regards,
vikash

Reactions: Nishiminami

BKiran

Aug 24, 2017
Greetings for the day,
I had withdrawn my program from Canadian college and returned to India. I have received the refund of my fees from my college.
Now my query is regarding refund of remaining balance in GIC from Scotia bank account.

I heard Scotia bank will then verify my reason by confirming my Study Permit cancellation with the Canadian Visa Authorities in my home country.

who will inform to Canadian Immigration regarding this to cancel my study permit which i have to submit to Scotia Bank for refund??

what is the procedure to follow?

Nishiminami

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
Greetings for the day,
I had withdrawn my program from Canadian college and returned to India. I have received the refund of my fees from my college.
Now my query is regarding refund of remaining balance in GIC from Scotia bank account.

I heard Scotia bank will then verify my reason by confirming my Study Permit cancellation with the Canadian Visa Authorities in my home country.

who will inform to Canadian Immigration regarding this to cancel my study permit which i have to submit to Scotia Bank for refund??

what is the procedure to follow?
What made you quit and leave Canada?