+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

student visa .. help

manav70

Apr 20, 2014
I am in my last semester of B.tech and have applied for the september intake in a college in Ontario. I 'll be applying for the student visa in the last week of July. But my college will give me my provisional degree either in August or September. So I have to apply for the student visa without the provisional degree. Do I have any chance of getting the visa without the provisional degree?
I have also got a scholarship letter from the college.
IELTS-7.5.

praveen1989

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
You can apply, just mention that you're a fresh graduate from this university and they will issue me a provisional certificate soon.
Which course you applied for?

manav70

Apr 20, 2014
Thank u for your reply.
Wine business management(Niagara college), doing btech in biotech.
But my counselor says that it is impossible to get a student visa without a provisional degree.

What should I do?

praveen1989

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
What is the minimum qualification to do Wine business management?

dok

Apr 20, 2014
You should get a letter from your university stating that you're graduating before your course starts in September in Canada. I applied with such a letter and I got visa.

manav70

Apr 20, 2014
Hey dok Did u apply for a course in a college or a university? Did the visa officer asked anything regarding the provisional degree?

Should I proceed with my admission process then?

dok

Apr 20, 2014
manav70 said:
Hey dok Did u apply for a course in a college or a university? Did the visa officer asked anything regarding the provisional degree?

Should I proceed with my admission process then?
I am attending a university. The visa officer didn't ask me anything. All you need is in place of graduation certificate/final transcript, you should get a letter from your university (academic board) starting that you're completing on a specific date (ie before your course begins in Canada). With this letter the officer will grant you visa. Also note that in your acceptance letter from the College, it should be stated that your admission is conditional upon successful completion of your current degree. At the POE in Canada, the immigration officer may check this before issuing you with study permit. So if you get this letter, then go ahead to apply asap.