+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Extension/ Full time work query

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

First off, thanks a lot for reading, I thought I could seek your suggestion regarding our situation. My wife is about to wrap up her Master's degree from the University but as she needed additional time to finish her final thesis, we applied for an extension of study permit along with an extension of my open work permit until August 2016 (our permit's are to expire in March). Technically, she would be submitting her Final Thesis before the end of March. Now my question is, let's say we do get our permits extended until August, would it be possible for my wife to start working full time right after she submits her final thesis? CIC does state that if your classes are over, you can work full time but I am wondering if she needs to apply and wait to have her PGWP approved before she can work or can she work full time right after finishing off her school under the implied status as well? A bunch of companies want to recruit her but she really doesn't know what to tell them about her work status.

Not related but I would also like to mention that I applied for a PR just recently under Express Entry as a PA and am awaiting to hear from CIC regarding that as well.

Thanks again for reading.

shubham710

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Yes
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
4 December 2013
LANDED..........
19 December 2013
She can work fulltime on implied status after applying PGWP.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/students/post-grad.asp