+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

student spouse visitor visa

Sep 27, 2011
hi there. this is twinkle and i am an international student under student partnership program and am being in Canada since January, 2011. i have 2 years study program. i am married but when i applied for visa that time i was unmarried. i want my husband to be here in Canada so i have question that is it possible that he can come on visitor visa and then we get marry here again and he can be my dependent and stay here? or is there any other way that i can sponsor him during my work permit? i am so confused regarding these things..can you suggest me what to do next?

please do the needful

jsinghj88

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
hello twinkle m in da same situation , m in India n my wife went to canada on student visa in sept 2011 , da thing is ur husband shld apply for visitor visa ,once he will step in da canada he can apply for open work permit which will b valid as long as ur visa is valid n der is no need 2 get married again in canada he can directly apply for work permit wid marriage certificate , pls reply if hez applyin soon

Sep 27, 2011
thanks for reply. he is not under skilled worker category and i have lot of other questions.

how can he get open work permit here?
is there any other rule for that like any one on visitor visa can extend their stay in Canada in form of work permit? please let me know.
and u mean that if he applies for work permit then he can apply on basis of our marriage certificate..right?
how long he can stay here? on the base of his visitor visa? or on the base of his work permit visa? or till my student visa get expire? and when he should apply from visitor visa to work permit? soon after coming to Canada?

other thing is we want to settle here permanently so give us gud suggestion.
thanks

jsinghj88

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
da validity of visitor visa will b 6 months bt he has 2 show strong ti-ups wid home country so tht he can convince visa officer tht he will come back to india, other thing is if he will get da visa , da duration of visa will b 6 months (single entry) so he will b havin enough time to apply open work permit n he is eligible for tht bcoz he is ur dependent , even he can apply open work permit frm india bt chances for getting open work permit r very very less in india so better he apply for visitor visa once he will b in canada, he can stay wid u n even he can work after gettin permit n his permit will b valid according to ur visa validity, if u will extend ur stay der , he will get extension too, only problem is gettin visitor visa from India , once he will get tht , thn no probs

Sep 27, 2011
thanks.
so u mean that once he comes here in Canada on visitor visa and then he can be my dependent based on our marriage proof. and he can apply for work permit as soon as possible right? and once he get his work permit then he can stay as long as i stay here. it sounds gud, but still we are scarred bcoz if he comes here on visitor visa and then if there is no way for him to stay here then no use of visitor visa. so i wanna make sure this thing. i asked in canada consultant then they said that better he comes on student visa. they didn't prefer me any other way for him to come here.
thanks for your sugesstions

jsinghj88

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
ya consultant's suggestion is also rite to call ur spouse on student visa bcoz its easier to get as compare to visitor visa, bcoz in visitor visa he needs 2 show lot of things like home country ti-ups bank balance, property n most imp travel history as well, if he has been 2 another countries before thn it will b gud 4 him 2 apply visitor, on da other hand, der is no gurrentee tht he will get student visa it depends on ur try , so take step carefully n do tell me if ur spouse goin to apply for visitor n share ur views even bst of luck

Sep 27, 2011
hi there. he had been in UK for 2 years and he just came back to India about a month ago. hopefully we are trying for his visitor visa application... and how long it takes to approve? he asked in India then they said that they don't have any idea about this kind of procedure what we discussed...i am trying to ask in canada as well...let see what happen

thanks

jsinghj88

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
ya, only bst thing is to try, give me his contact details so tht i can guide him n share our visa news wid each other, it will help both of us, bst of luck my email is jsinghj88@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2011
his contact id is pratik_pintu1987.yahoo.com
and he is going to apply after a month most probably on visitor visa as we discussed.

tornado13

Mar 23, 2012
Hi,

Did you apply for visit visa for ur spouse? Whats the update..I am also in the same situation.Pls reply..