+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Still Waiting.....

tired_of_waiting

Star Member
Jan 3, 2006
Nova Scotia
Hi PMM,

It's now been nearly 9 months since CIC recieved my application for In Canada Family Class immigration. I have not heard anything back from them in terms of an Approval In Principle and my e-CAS simply says "In Process" with no changes to the notes since October.

According to the current processing times I should have heard two weeks ago from CIC. My questions are these...

1)Is no news good news at this stage?
2)Should I panick or do I need to wait a little longer before panicking?
3)If panicking is the correct course of action, how would I panick effectively?
4)Is it possibl to go straight to "decision made" without having an approval in principle?
5)Should I order my FOSS notes?

Many thanks for your time.

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
:lol: Well panicking is surely not the order of the day. I would send a fax to immigration with your co-ordinates and file number, asking where your file stands as you have not received any reply. You can look on your e-client on the net or call..but panicking effectively doesn't exist :lol: Why panick?

Everyone thinks that they should have had an answer...yesterday..remember there are hundreds of applicants ahead of you so you have to wait your turn..the best thing is find out to have peace of mind and go about your business.

tired_of_waiting

Star Member
Jan 3, 2006
Nova Scotia
Hey, thanks for the reply.

I finally got it..!!!! My Approval in Principle came through last week and my girlfriend was accepted (Decision Made) on becoming a sponsor. I phoned CIC to ask when my application would be finalised and the officer told me that it depended on my background check. She said it could be anywhere from 2 months to over a year just for the background check!!!!

I am from the UK and have not lived for longer than 6 months anywhere (except Canada) so I can't imagine it taking too long. But anyway, I have a work permit now for 12 months so I am in for the wait.

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
Well I was Right...

:D CONGRADULATIONS!!! See all comes to those who wait! So relax and just prepare yourselves to come..tell me where are you planing to live in Canada. I could give you some advice on what to do so when you get here you are not all lost. Unless you have friends waiting for you but maybe I could give you some tips.

Well, they will do a check everywhere you went, unless they can get it on the computer so it would be quicker especially if you are clean.

I' m very happy for both of you..keep me informed and..WELCOME TO CANADA! in advance..nothing like being positive... :)

mazumder

Dec 15, 2012
Questions about Spouse Sponsoring

Hello Dear,

I've got Canadian immigration visa last month and planning to move there shortly. As I'm single and better not to marry before landing in Canada as I've applied single. I'm planning to go to Canada and living few months, then I'll back to Bangladesh and will get married and then I'll sponsor my wife......would you please suggest me, what I'm planning is right or wrong? Also please suggest me on the process of sponsoring spouse............thanks

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Re: Questions about Spouse Sponsoring

mazumder said:
Hello Dear,

I've got Canadian immigration visa last month and planning to move there shortly. As I'm single and better not to marry before landing in Canada as I've applied single. I'm planning to go to Canada and living few months, then I'll back to Bangladesh and will get married and then I'll sponsor my wife......would you please suggest me, what I'm planning is right or wrong? Also please suggest me on the process of sponsoring spouse............thanks
First of all, this is a crazy old thread. It's 6 years old.

Second of all, if you are not married when you land, it's fine.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012

mazumder said:
Hello Dear,

Yes, it's good that you're not marrying before landing. Also, if you've ever lived maritally with your fiancée before (under the same roof, for at least one year), then you must report this to the visa office before becoming a permanent resident. (In Western countries it is common for couples to do this even before they're married. Perhaps this is not common in Bangladesh.)

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone

mazumder said:
Hello Dear,

You should join the singapore timeline thread: If you land as a pr in canada, you cant go to bangladesh for more than 2/3weeks plus you should show that you are settled in canada, have a job to show that you can support yourself...then once you marry and come back to canada apply under family class spouse sponsorship,but you must return to apply because you are not a citizen.......

mazumder

Dec 15, 2012

Shiny88 said:
You should join the singapore timeline thread: If you land as a pr in canada, you cant go to bangladesh for more than 2/3weeks plus you should show that you are settled in canada, have a job to show that you can support yourself...then once you marry and come back to canada apply under family class spouse sponsorship,but you must return to apply because you are not a citizen.......
My question is that, If I land in Canada as PR and after living few months there, Can I get back to Bangladesh for 2/3 weeks and get married within that time and return to Canada and sponsor my wife? Thanks