+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STEP by STEP Guidance for PR application

Sinha.616

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I am currently in USA working in pharmacovigilance field for 3 years. I would like to apply for Canada PR. My NOC code would be 4165. Can anyone please help me STEP by STEP Guidance for PR application.

I guess it would be FSWC program under Express entry but not very sure.

Also, How many minimum points would be required for eligibility of FSWC, Express entry.

Is there any point difference if you apply from USA or India, please advise.

Also what would they require for work experience verification.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

I have already started preparation for IELTS. I have also started gathering documents for ECA evaluation.

Thank you!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The step by step process is available here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp You can also read through the information in the Express Entry section of the forum. If you're looking for further support, then you might be best off hiring an immigration lawyer to assist you.

No points difference between the US and India. Currently, you need around 475 or more points to be selected.

You'd be best off joining the discussions in the Express Entry section of the forum.

Sinha.616

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hello Scylla,

Thank you For the reply.

So when do you need 67 points in total. I am actually confused...Can you explain when do you need 67 points?

Thank you!!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
what specifically are you asking? do you only have 67 points available? where are you getting "67" points from? if a person needs 475 or more points to be selected, i doubt there is opportunity to immigrate with only 67 points. it's important to read the step by step process available at the link that scylla linked and come back with specific questions about what you read there. it is not possible for us to walk you through the application process.

as scylla suggested, you are better off asking your question here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-expression-of-interest-b54.0/

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sinha.616 said:
So when do you need 67 points in total. I am actually confused...Can you explain when do you need 67 points?
Do your research on the different immigration streams.

67 is the minimum number of points needed to qualify through the Federal Skilled Worker stream.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CDNPR2014 said:
what specifically are you asking? do you only have 67 points available? where are you getting "67" points from? if a person needs 475 or more points to be selected, i doubt there is opportunity to immigrate with only 67 points. it's important to read the step by step process available at the link that scylla linked and come back with specific questions about what you read there. it is not possible for us to walk you through the application process.

as scylla suggested, you are better off asking your question here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-expression-of-interest-b54.0/
The 67 points is what someone needs to meet in order to qualify under FSW (it's the minimum points someone needs to have). This is under the FSW points structure.

What you are referring to is the EE points structure. This comes next. Once someone has the 67 FSW points to qualify under FSW, they then calculate their EE points - this is what determines the likelihood of actually being selected.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
scylla said:
The 67 points is what someone needs to meet in order to qualify under FSW (it's the minimum points someone needs to have). This is under the FSW points structure.

What you are referring to is the EE points structure. This comes next. Once someone has the 67 FSW points to qualify under FSW, they then calculate their EE points - this is what determines the likelihood of actually being selected.
ah, I get it thanks.

Dec 19, 2016
Sinha.616 said:
Hi Everyone,

I am currently in USA working in pharmacovigilance field for 3 years. I would like to apply for Canada PR. My NOC code would be 4165. Can anyone please help me STEP by STEP Guidance for PR application.

I guess it would be FSWC program under Express entry but not very sure.

Also, How many minimum points would be required for eligibility of FSWC, Express entry.

Is there any point difference if you apply from USA or India, please advise.

Also what would they require for work experience verification.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

I have already started preparation for IELTS. I have also started gathering documents for ECA evaluation.

Thank you!!