+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

staying outside of canada

RajC6

Apr 22, 2017
Kindly need urgent assistance please with my query...Due to the Pandemic situation I was unable to travel even I had Canada PR card.

I and my family received COPR - July2017
we did soft landing in Canada within 1 year after COPR - June 2018
we stayed for around 15 days in Canada, returned back to India
we got PR card which was valid till August 2023
2018 to 2019: we are in India
2019 to 2020: we are in India, unable to travel due to Covid situation
2020 to 2021: we are in India, unable to travel due to Covid situation
October 2021: Now we are planning to travel to Canada, Am I allowed ? whether 2 years out of 5 years obligation applicable in this scenario as my Canada PR card will be expired in Aug 2023

Am i allowed now to enter into Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Kindly need urgent assistance please with my query...Due to the Pandemic situation I was unable to travel even I had Canada PR card.

I and my family received COPR - July2017
we did soft landing in Canada within 1 year after COPR - June 2018
we stayed for around 15 days in Canada, returned back to India
we got PR card which was valid till August 2023
2018 to 2019: we are in India
2019 to 2020: we are in India, unable to travel due to Covid situation
2020 to 2021: we are in India, unable to travel due to Covid situation
October 2021: Now we are planning to travel to Canada, Am I allowed ? whether 2 years out of 5 years obligation applicable in this scenario as my Canada PR card will be expired in Aug 2023

Am i allowed now to enter into Canada?
If you have a valid PR card, you can enter and you shouldn’t leave until you meet RO. Covid is not a reason as PRs were always able to travel to Canada. Have your vaccination proof and/or quarantine plan.

Reactions: YVR123

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should be able to enter Canada. But this time you should really live there on a more permenant basis (at least two years before you renew your card).

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If you have a valid PR card, you can enter and you shouldn’t leave until you meet RO. Covid is not a reason as PRs were always able to travel to Canada. Have your vaccination proof and/or quarantine plan.
Please, let's not say covid was not a reason. It may not be a sufficient reason - depends on specifics of case.

But it will certainly be considered 'a reason' and must be considered a reason, when for most of the covid period (until just recently) the Canadian government was publishing really quite strong language recommending not travelling. Not to mention all the other travel restrictions, small and large, which certainly can reinforce other difficulties.

I'm not at all saying that 'covid' is a magic word which will make all non-compliance issues go away - far from it, and it may not be sufficient justification for the specific circumstances.

But saying that "covid is not a reason" is just not true in any meaningful sense.