+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stay extension..

Vjreal

Mar 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
I just have a question..I came to canada as a tourist..Im holding a multiple entry to canada..while here i got a job in saskatchewan..I already have LMO and my working visa will now be processed..the consultant agency said they will file my work permit in US-NY and it will take 2 months to process..so all my requirements including my passport is already surrendered to the consultant agency for processing..now i can stay in canada until june 25, 2013..the agency said in case the work permit will not be finish in 2 months i have to apply for stay extension 30 days from the date of expiration of my stay..can anyone help me where to start on that? What forms? Should i write also a formal letter stating that my working permit is already on process and that i surrendered my passport for processing? Or any idea how? Help..i just want to know now so i will know what to do in May just incase my work permit is not out yet..

Thanks
Vanessa

speedoflight

Star Member
Jul 17, 2007
Europe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You start here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

Explain everything.... to CIC

You have enogh time dont worry, maximum will take 2 months, if you have your papers ok,it will take less...

Vjreal said:
Hello
I just have a question..I came to canada as a tourist..Im holding a multiple entry to canada..while here i got a job in saskatchewan..I already have LMO and my working visa will now be processed..the consultant agency said they will file my work permit in US-NY and it will take 2 months to process..so all my requirements including my passport is already surrendered to the consultant agency for processing..now i can stay in canada until june 25, 2013..the agency said in case the work permit will not be finish in 2 months i have to apply for stay extension 30 days from the date of expiration of my stay..can anyone help me where to start on that? What forms? Should i write also a formal letter stating that my working permit is already on process and that i surrendered my passport for processing? Or any idea how? Help..i just want to know now so i will know what to do in May just incase my work permit is not out yet..

Thanks
Vanessa

Vjreal

Mar 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok thanks..i checked the form IMM 5708..i dont see question asking the reason why i want to extend my stay? Should i write my explanation in a separate paper?

speedoflight

Star Member
Jul 17, 2007
Europe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes sure

Vjreal said:
Ok thanks..i checked the form IMM 5708..i dont see question asking the reason why i want to extend my stay? Should i write my explanation in a separate paper?

Beller

Mar 8, 2013
Hey I am also from NY City please help!

:'( Hi every one, Ok here is the thing I am a Permanent US resident currently visiting in Canada again for the 7th time, but this time I filled out an application to extend my stay but now I am looking for a way to come and go as I please without any hassle, being that I am married to a Canadian born citizen, and he resides here in Canada. I would like that strain to be off the both of our shoulders because I don't always want to pick up and leave my husband and he feels the same, but I also have a registered business in the US which i operate as a small business owner and I travel a lot with my spouse in and out of Canada to family members, so my frustrating questions are i.e. 1) Can I apply for permanent residence here as well although I before I become a citizen of the US or what can I initially apply for that would help ease the hassle or frustration? 2) Can I just apply for an entrepreneur Visas, so I can start my own business here also? Please help me solve this puzzle because being that my husband never had to worry about these things in life being a born Citizen, he actually has no knowledge what so ever and I can't blame him please help guys Please..... Serious and profound Answers Only, don't mean to sound rude but if you don't have any knowledge of what I should do, please don't respond.....