+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory questions (Personal History / Schedule A)

AM_008

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-12-2015
Passport Req..
12-04-2016
Need help!

As you know there are 11 statutory questions in the Personal History Form (EE Online PR Application).
Also, you can find the same questions in the Schedule A (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5669E.pdf).
But there is some difference ... meanings of these two questions are not 100% the same!
Question 5 in the Personal History Form: “Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?”
Question 6e) in the Schedule A: “been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country?”

Previously, I have been refused a Study Permit (Canada) and B1/B2 Visa (USA).

So, I answered YES to the question 4 in the Personal History Form “Have you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de selection du Quebec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?” and to the question 6d) in the Schedule A “been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de selection du Quebec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?”
There was no problem, because questions were absolutely the same!

But here is a problem ...
I answered YES to the question 5 in the Personal History Form “Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?”, BUT I cannot answer YES to the question 6e) in the Schedule A “been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country?”, because it’s not the same!

In my opinion, denied admission is when you have a visa and you show up at the border and, for some reason, you are not allowed to enter the country. However, some people argue that being refused a tourist visa is the same thing as being refused admission.

PLEASE, Suggest ... How is better to answer???

PS ... I personaly believe that in this situation is better to answer YES to all of these questions, but at the same time explain in detail in the LOE that I have been refused a Study Permit (Canada) and B1/B2 Visa (USA) ONLY!

AM_008

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-12-2015
Passport Req..
12-04-2016
I would be glad to read different ideas and thoughts ... )
Anyway, "Thought thrives on conflict" ;D

CALINA

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
AM_008 said:
I would be glad to read different ideas and thoughts ... )
Anyway, "Thought thrives on conflict" ;D
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/questions-in-regards-to-express-entry-t383078.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t333045.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t347499.0.html

nads1

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London, England
LANDED..........
26-03-2016
"In my opinion, denied admission is when you have a visa and you show up at the border and, for some reason, you are not allowed to enter the country. However, some people argue that being refused a tourist visa is the same thing as being refused admission".

You are correct - to be denied admission is actually when you have been issued a visa and traveled BUT was denied entry at port. OR if you had a criminal pass which made you inadmissible. I was denied a visa to the USA when I was a teenager so I said yes and NO for the statement above.

That's just my understanding. If that was the only refusal you had, you declared it.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
AM_008 said:
Need help!

As you know there are 11 statutory questions in the Personal History Form (EE Online PR Application).
Also, you can find the same questions in the Schedule A (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5669E.pdf).
But there is some difference ... meanings of these two questions are not 100% the same!
Question 5 in the Personal History Form: “Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?”
Question 6e) in the Schedule A: “been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country?”

So, I answered YES to the question 4 in the Personal History Form “Have you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de selection du Quebec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?” and to the question 6d) in the Schedule A “been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de selection du Quebec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?”

I answered YES to the question 5 in the Personal History Form “Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?”, BUT I cannot answer YES to the question 6e) in the Schedule A “been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country?”, because it’s not the same!

In my opinion, denied admission is when you have a visa and you show up at the border and, for some reason, you are not allowed to enter the country. However, some people argue that being refused a tourist visa is the same thing as being refused admission.

PS ... I personaly believe that in this situation is better to answer YES to all of these questions, but at the same time explain in detail in the LOE that I have been refused a Study Permit (Canada) and B1/B2 Visa (USA) ONLY!
I think you're right on this.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
AM_008 said:
Need help!

I think you're right on this.

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
I have a similar situation - I've been refused a visitor visa to France once, and I've answered "Yes" to both questions and sent a detailed explanation (as detailed as I could, anyway, since I don't know the reason for that rejection) in a LoE.
I guess I didn't catch the difference between being denied entry and being refused a visa.
Anyway, as you mentioned, I think it's better to be mistaken answering "yes" to both questions when you could have answered "no" to one of them, than to be mistaken answering "no" to one of them when you should have answered "yes".

AM_008

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-12-2015
Passport Req..
12-04-2016
Thank you all for your answers!

friendof2005

Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2015
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016
Nomination.....
13-12-2015
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
08-06-2016 (to NDVO)
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016
AM_008 said:
Thank you all for your answers!
Hi AM_008, did you get PR as I also have one H1-B reject and i thought same to ans both Yes in SCH-A as in the EE profile I answered yes to both.

petertherock77

Sep 13, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-07-2015
Doc's Request.
10-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2016
Interview........
04-25-2017
Passport Req..
04-25-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-26-2017
LANDED..........
08-22-2017
Hi All,

Did anyone ever get a response from VO about the mistake to the statutory questions? I made same mistake and I sent in letter of explanation including a newly completed Schedule A form. Will this be sufficient. I answered NO to the question " have you ever been denied a visa by any other country". I was denied a U.S visa in Ireland but was later approved 5 months after the denial. I failed to declare it on my application but now I have sent oin LOE and a new background form clearly stating what happened.

Please share your thoughts from your experiences.

Thanks..