+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union

lozkeano1987

Oct 19, 2017
So I’m currently in Bogotá, Colombia and I need to get a IMM5409 form ‘Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union‘ done at a notary in my PR application with my partner. The only problem is, I was informed that Colombian notaries cannot authenticate the contents of English documents but only our signatures, so I’m wondering what can I do......get the form translated with a certified translator and then sign both at the notary, if that’s even possible. I just not sure what the best thing to do. Any advice would be much appreciated.

berkancam

Aug 14, 2019
So I’m currently in Bogotá, Colombia and I need to get a IMM5409 form ‘Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union‘ done at a notary in my PR application with my partner. The only problem is, I was informed that Colombian notaries cannot authenticate the contents of English documents but only our signatures, so I’m wondering what can I do......get the form translated with a certified translator and then sign both at the notary, if that’s even possible. I just not sure what the best thing to do. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Hi I am having the same question here. Could you find any answer?

lozkeano1987

Oct 19, 2017
Hi I am having the same question here. Could you find any answer?
Hey, yes I was able to find a solution in the end. My lawyer told me that Canadian lawyers are now allowed to do ‘Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union' through zoom. She sent me the contacts of one lawyer, I paid 90cad for it but at least it was done in English and I didn't need to go running around places to get it done. This is the link to book the appointment if this helps you: https://lebeaulawimmigration.as.me/schedule.php?appointmentType=18303712

berkancam

Aug 14, 2019
Hey, yes I was able to find a solution in the end. My lawyer told me that Canadian lawyers are now allowed to do ‘Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union' through zoom. She sent me the contacts of one lawyer, I paid 90cad for it but at least it was done in English and I didn't need to go running around places to get it done. This is the link to book the appointment if this helps you: https://lebeaulawimmigration.as.me/schedule.php?appointmentType=18303712
thanks a lot!!