+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409) question.

thegrays

Sep 24, 2013
Hi all,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to read this post it is much appreciated. I have searched for a previous post that answers my questions but could not find anything.

My questions are as follows.

My common law partner (living and banking together for almost 5 years) has recently had his study application approved for a Masters degree that starts next year (September 2014). I am now applying for my own "open work permit" visa in order to travel across with him. We are both currently living in the UK (England) as UK citizens.

I am currently filling in the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409) form but am unsure of whether:

A. I need to fill it out at all or just provide evidence of our common law relationship i.e joint banking records.
B. If i do need to fill it out does it need to be signed by a Commissioner of oaths?

Once again thank you for taking the time to read this any help would be greatly received.

Liz

milyon25

Sep 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thegrays said:
Hi all,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to read this post it is much appreciated. I have searched for a previous post that answers my questions but could not find anything.

My questions are as follows.

My common law partner (living and banking together for almost 5 years) has recently had his study application approved for a Masters degree that starts next year (September 2014). I am now applying for my own "open work permit" visa in order to travel across with him. We are both currently living in the UK (England) as UK citizens.

I am currently filling in the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409) form but am unsure of whether:

A. I need to fill it out at all or just provide evidence of our common law relationship i.e joint banking records.yes u need to attach and provide all proofs you had..
B. If i do need to fill it out does it need to be signed by a Commissioner of oaths?yes, then notarized...you need to sign and ur partner' s sign.....godbless...

Once again thank you for taking the time to read this any help would be greatly received.

Liz