+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup visa requirements after you receive permanent residence

wertydaja

May 16, 2017
Greetings

Thank you for your response towards this.

I received PR through the SUV program last year.

Are there still further requirements after you receive PR? If so, what is the process? (interview, files submission, etc)

CIC site states the following bellow, but doesn't explain a review process (unless I'm understanding)

At the time you receive your permanent residence:
  • you provide active and ongoing management of this business from within Canada
  • an essential part of the operations of the business happens in Canada
  • this business is incorporated in Canada

Thoughts appreciated!

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
@wertydaja , as it clearly states, "At the time you receive your permanent residence" meaning the moment just before they approved your PR, you must been meeting those conditions. And since you have your PR, it means IRCC in their judgement found you qualified and met those conditions.

After that, you are a permanent resident. You are free to shut down your business, live, work, or study, move in and out of Canada freely.
You enjoy the same rights as every other Canadian Permanent resident.

Fayha shahab

Apr 25, 2019
Greetings

Are there still further requirements after you receive PR? If so, what is the process? (interview, files submission, etc)

CIC site states the following bellow, but doesn't explain a review process (unless I'm understanding)

Thoughts appreciated!

Hi there,
Can you please share how were you able to get PR through SUV program? Did you use any lawyers?

Reactions: Thanate

Rose_rastgoo

Jul 19, 2022
Hello,
So happy that you were able to get your pr through suv.
Is it possible for you to say how long did it take for you approximately to get your pr after you applied for it?

Greetings

Thoughts appreciated!