+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startingthe PR application process

lgtaylor1992

Jan 11, 2018
Hi, my husband (American) has been working in Canada for 8 years as a youth pastor (through a clergy visitor record), and would like to apply for his PR. I am not canadian; I am also on a visitor record (I am Australian). We do have a son, born here in canada, and he's canadian.
We can't find out how or where to begin. If someone could point us in the right direction that would be awesome

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, my husband (American) has been working in Canada for 8 years as a youth pastor (through a clergy visitor record), and would like to apply for his PR. I am not canadian; I am also on a visitor record (I am Australian). We do have a son, born here in canada, and he's canadian.
We can't find out how or where to begin. If someone could point us in the right direction that would be awesome
Hard to comment based on the information you've provided. Which economic immigration program were you planning on applying under? That's really the first determination you need to make.

One option would be the Express Entry program. This is a points based program and you need to have 470+ points to be selected at this time. First step is to determine your points to see if this is feasible.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

If you don't have enough points, you should look into the PNP programs instead. Each province has different rules so you'll need to dedicate quite a bit of time to research.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees.html

Having a Canadian born child gives you no advantages or benefits.

Dec 18, 2019
Hi..Im 23 years Sri lankan and would like to apply for the PR in Canada.I have completed NVQ level 4 in automobile and a diploma in information technology.9 months experience as a mechanic.I would like know are these qualification enough to apply for the Canada PR?