+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

start up business

orange123

Feb 19, 2015
Hi, I want to start/register a company in Canada. Currently i'm on H1 visa in USA which doesn't allow me to start a business here. I am an indian citizen. The business is web based and the operations would be in India. Also I wont immigrate to canada, but I just want to register a company there.

Is this even possible, if so where do I start. Any inputs appreciated. Thanks in advance.

surinderjit

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Sept 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
29 Sept
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14 Sept
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18 Jan 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 Feb 2017
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Hi Orange123,

Did you manage to start your company. I have also similar plans to register comp in Canada.

I have an IT company registered in India and UAE and have around 20 employees.

Ascet

Feb 1, 2022
I have heard that anyone can register their company in Canada, but they will have to pay different taxes. I would advise you to immigrate first, and only after the company. If you haven't lived there for more than half a year, you will never understand the tendencies of the country and what the citizens would need, which is essential knowledge for the success of your company. You also must be a master in informatics if you want to manage it from your homeland before moving to Canada, which can be challenging. My brother had the same situation; he tried to learn something about remote management on creative.onl . Only, but it was too hard, and he abandoned everything.

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
To qualify for a startup visa, an applicant must fulfill the following requirements:

PROVIDE PROOF OF SUFFICIENT CAPITAL SUPPORT
All applicants are required to:
  • Either, get an investment of at least 75,000 CAD in a qualifying business from one or more of the designated angel investor groups;
  • Or, get an investment of at least 200,000 CAD in a qualifying business from one or more of the designated venture capital funds.
Upon meeting these requirements, your application will be reviewed as per the standard admissibility criteria of CIC, which includes criminal background (if any), health, and security.

Are you looking to start your own business in Canada? And do you have any more questions on how ICS can help you in this endeavor?

If yes, then do contact us! We’d love to answer them all!
@immigrationcanadaservices - Please don't advertise your paid services, it's against the rules of the Forum!

Reactions: pathCanada