+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Start a food business by a Canadian.

Aug 18, 2020
I'm a Canadian citizen and want to start food business in Calgary, Alberta, and want someone from India to come and manage the complete operations & production of the place. (Someone professional and holding a Bachelors degree in Hotel Management from Institute of Hotel Management ,Chandigarh).
Please help with the process and the finances involved in this.
Thanks in Advance.
P.S. I have someone in knowledge who can manage the same.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
You would need to go through the LMIA process to prove that there is no Canadian person available and capable to do this job. It is a lengthy and expensive process.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You have to prove there are no Canadian citizens or PRs in Canada who can do the job. You’ll have to advertise the position in Canada first and prove to IRCC there are no suitable candidates. With the current unemployment rate in Alberta, expect a difficult time getting a LMIA approved.

You will probably have an even more difficult time (and draw some suspicion) if you require education from a specific educational institute in India. IRCC May assume the job is being created only for the purpose of immigration.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/employer-compliance.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
To bring an employee from abroad it usually needs to be an established business and your business can’t just have a few employees. Many try to create businesses for the purpose of securing immigration for someone. CIC is not stupid.

zhouliehui

Oct 6, 2020
I'm a Canadian citizen and want to start food business in Calgary, Alberta, and want someone from India to come and manage the complete operations & production of the place. (Someone professional and holding a Bachelors degree in Hotel Management from Institute of Hotel Management ,Chandigarh).
Please help with the process and the finances involved in this.
Thanks in Advance.
P.S. I have someone in knowledge who can manage the same.
I am also looking for a chef, luckily from this small town, no LMIA is needed