Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
2 things I have to say. #1..my ecas twice was updated with progress on WEEKEND days, and #2 you guys need to stop checking every 5 mins...forget about it, go on with your life, prepare yourselves for waiting the (whatever amount of days) then start to worry after that period of time. I dont think I checked the site once in stage 1. No point, its mad. Let's say it says they are working on apps of Jan 17th...But ppl who sent in after that are getting approved, so there's really no point in stressing. Participate all you want in forums, but checking cic site everyday is madness.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Fencesitter said:
Got it. 001-613-944-4000

Awesome. I'm going to call tonight (China time) and find out what is going on with the stage 1 timeline. I'll report what I find out.

FS
Ooooh I'm interested to hear what you learn!

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I forgot to add, I'm going to ask to speak with my dad's buddy...hopefully they can connect me to him...that way I can get better information...

Things I'm going to ask:

1. Did you actually receive the package on April 13 as shown on my UPS proof of delivery note, and if so, why haven't you sent a confirmation.

2. What's up with the stage 1 processing time. If the application was submitted in April, when can we honestly expect to get our approval?

3. How many VO are currently employed and working full-time on applications received in Mississauga?

4. If I deposit CAD$2,000 to your account, can you please push my app ahead of all the others?

#4...joking! I would pay that much...even more...but I would never do that...

Anyone have any other ideas of what should be asked??

FS

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fencesitter said:
I forgot to add, I'm going to ask to speak with my dad's buddy...hopefully they can connect me to him...that way I can get better information...

Things I'm going to ask:

1. Did you actually receive the package on April 13 as shown on my UPS proof of delivery note, and if so, why haven't you sent a confirmation.

2. What's up with the stage 1 processing time. If the application was submitted in April, when can we honestly expect to get our approval?

3. How many VO are currently employed and working full-time on applications received in Mississauga?

4. If I deposit CAD$2,000 to your account, can you please push my app ahead of all the others?

#4...joking! I would pay that much...even more...but I would never do that...

Anyone have any other ideas of what should be asked??

FS
good to see your optimism,
the chances that they will connect you to a specific person are very low unless he is a big shot like the minister :) ! just tell them you know me instead :p
#2 how would they know? They will give you a number, I asked a week after submiting my application and they told me 55 days, I should probably sue them
#3 let's say they gave you an answer what difference does it make? unless you wish to step in and replace the minister, rectify CIC system,... I'd ask why processing times increased and why it is going backward? Would it go forward any time in the near future
#4 it seems CIC agents get these requests therefore;
[quote author=CIC]Note that agents cannot:
answer questions about application status once it is sent to a Canadian visa office outside Canada,
make decisions on applications, or
help process applications more quickly.
[/quote]

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
Well they aren't actually working backwards. Maybe some officers are still on jan 17 and they're trying to be very accurate. We know someone from jan 25 has been approved. I think they've been getting floods of calls due to the long wait time and are trying to avoid it.
you are trying to give them excuse or what! There is no logic or rational to all what is going on. Maybe they are reviewing the accuracy of old cases :) or may be a kid is playing on the site!
This is supposed to be a government institute O'Canada ...

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
There must be someone who can answer a simple question:

If CIC is still working on January...and it's now the middle of April, how can April applicants hope to have approval by the beginning of July???

FS

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
Fencesitter said:
There must be someone who can answer a simple question:

If CIC is still working on January...and it's now the middle of April, how can April applicants hope to have approval by the beginning of July???

FS
Fencesitter like others have mentioned previously, it probably has a lot to do with the amount of applications that came in over the holidays and into january etc. CIC knows how many apps they received in Feb and March and the estimated time it's going to take to complete those apps. It is possible.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
itscoezy said:
Fencesitter like others have mentioned previously, it probably has a lot to do with the amount of applications that came in over the holidays and into january etc. CIC knows how many apps they received in Feb and March and the estimated time it's going to take to complete those apps. It is possible.
exactly... spring is generally a slower season for them to receive apps, therefore giving them time to catch up on the back log...