+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Staff nurse

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am staff nurse please guide me how I can come to Canada to join staff nurse job.
Thanks
Regards
Amjid Ali
Amjidali8624@gmail.com
No jobs here. First you need to be licensed to even work in a province so get assessed through NNAS. Once that is completed then get a provincial license. At the same time, you want to look at immigration programs to immigrate to Canada like Express Entry or PNP programs.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am staff nurse please guide me how I can come to Canada to join staff nurse job.
Thanks
Regards
Amjid Ali
Amjidali8624@gmail.com
You first need to look into whether your nursing degree will be assessed as equivalent as an LPN or RN. Then you will need to pass licensing exams. There is usually in in person training component needed to get licensed. The process used to be very long and expensive. Most foreigner trained nurses worked as PSW while they tried to get relicensed. Due to Covid and a labour shortage there has been a push to make things easier and shorter to get licensed in Canada but it is still difficult. Would look into what is required in each province, whether there are any financial subsidies when it comes to testing fees or in person training and how long the process is supposed to take if everything goes well. Some province are being more proactive often due to a more severe shortage. Immigration may actually be the easiest part of the process for internationally trained nurses but that still will require time and money for things like foreign degree evaluation, IELTS and in some cases proof of funds is required to get approved (proof that you have your own settlement funds).