+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sputum test 2018

Feb 6, 2018
Good day Everyone!

Just had my medical test and the panel is requiring me to do a sputum test for 3 consecutive days and a clearance of my treatment, they told me that once they got the fluid they need to culture it for 2 MONTHS.

Here are my questions :

1.What if the result is positive?
2.What if I unable to produce the clearance of my medication years ago?
3. will this be a cause of delay, for how long?
4.Should I inform IRCC that I have an upcoming sputum test? where can i contact them?

if there is any suggestions I'am more than willing to listen to it.

Many Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you get a positive results you will be required to do treatment for your tb in your home country. They will try more medication if it wasn’t cured. Process will be delayed until your sputum test comes back clean. Wait and see whether the rest is positive.

innahgarcia

Apr 8, 2019
I have the same set of questions. My husband just had his medical in the Philippines at St. Lukes BGC.
Same here. My husband did his medical exam at st lukes and was told that he needs to undergo sputum test. I’m afraid it will delay the process of our application. I have friends who got cleared from M.E and got PPR after 2 weeks. I just hope that it will turn out negative.

innahgarcia

Apr 8, 2019
Good day Everyone!

Just had my medical test and the panel is requiring me to do a sputum test for 3 consecutive days and a clearance of my treatment, they told me that once they got the fluid they need to culture it for 2 MONTHS.

Here are my questions :

1.What if the result is positive?
2.What if I unable to produce the clearance of my medication years ago?
3. will this be a cause of delay, for how long?
4.Should I inform IRCC that I have an upcoming sputum test? where can i contact them?

if there is any suggestions I'am more than willing to listen to it.

Many Thanks!
So what had happened to your application? Hope you can share your experience.

Khaleesi2019

May 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
I have the same set of questions. My husband just had his medical in the Philippines at St. Lukes BGC.
Hi luckystars,

I have the same case with your husband. I just finished Medical last week but I have to undergo sputum test due to a very small nodule found in my x-ray. I have annual PE with my company but its always clear the Panel Physician told me it is very small but is still significant with the immigration.
Can you share what happened to your husband's case?

Chico@032721

Dec 28, 2021
Hi, I had my medical exam at St lukes extension office in Ermita Sept 27, 2021)and they found some irregularities on my xray, i did the smear test and tested negative Oct 6,2021, culture of sputum also tested negative (Nov 30) did my repeat xray this morning Dec 28 and was told that they need a second opinion on the results of my xray.
I am asked to go back to the clinic for pulmonologist to explain their findings. Has anyone experienced this too?
hope there someone out there who can enlighten me on what happens next having had this case now.
It has been a very stressful and frustrating waiting game.
My application is for a TRV for Canada.

JackieLou

Jan 31, 2023
Hi, I had my medical exam at St lukes extension office in Ermita Sept 27, 2021)and they found some irregularities on my xray, i did the smear test and tested negative Oct 6,2021, culture of sputum also tested negative (Nov 30) did my repeat xray this morning Dec 28 and was told that they need a second opinion on the results of my xray.
I am asked to go back to the clinic for pulmonologist to explain their findings. Has anyone experienced this too?
hope there someone out there who can enlighten me on what happens next having had this case now.
It has been a very stressful and frustrating waiting game.
My application is for a TRV for Canada.
Do you have an update on this?