+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse with COPR

joekao222

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
My spouse in Canada is going to be receiving her COPR within the next month or two. Knowing that landing and PR cards are being delayed severely, if she does have COPR, does that qualify her of being a "PR" for me to visit without needing an authorization letter?

I did send this question to IRCC, but it's been forever and they just won't even respond. So I was wondering if anyone else was in the same situation and was able to visit Canada without the authorization letter.

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My spouse in Canada is going to be receiving her COPR within the next month or two. Knowing that landing and PR cards are being delayed severely, if she does have COPR, does that qualify her of being a "PR" for me to visit without needing an authorization letter?

I did send this question to IRCC, but it's been forever and they just won't even respond. So I was wondering if anyone else was in the same situation and was able to visit Canada without the authorization letter.
You have to wait for virtual landing.

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does that usually happen soon after receiving COPR?
Yes, it used to be. Now the timeline is uncertain due to COVID. For some people, they are just sending approved CoPR and mention that PR card is on the way. If your spouse receives such email, then you are exempt from travel restrictions. Remember to have copies of marriage certificate and spouse's CoPR while traveling.

joekao222

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
Yes, it used to be. Now the timeline is uncertain due to COVID. For some people, they are just sending approved CoPR and mention that PR card is on the way. If your spouse receives such email, then you are exempt from travel restrictions. Remember to have copies of marriage certificate and spouse's CoPR while traveling.
Thanks so much, that's informative. Have a good day.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Do you have a TRV?