Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I decided to open a new topic even though it matches with some others. But I wasn't getting specific info for my own. Okay, here it is:

I am a Bangladeshi citizen, came to Canada in 2005 to do my bachelors. I got my current full-time job in Dec 2009, got married in Jan 2010 (in Bangladesh), graduated in May 2010 (study permit expired in June), obtained post-grad work permit (open) in June 2010 and started working from June 2010 till now. As it seemed pretty straight forward to me, I made my wife to apply for a Single-Entry Visit Visa in April 2010 in order to attend my convocation. But she was rejected as she couldn't satisfy the visa officer that she would leave Canada after intended date. Here's what we have shown:

1. My invitation letter (notarized)
2. My university's invitation letter to attend the graduation ceremony
3. My study permit (which was expiring soon in June 2010 and she applied in April 2010)
4. Proof of my part-time position of research assistantship at my university
5. Bank statement of around 10K (couldn't show 6 month bank depository/transactions)
6. Offer letter of my current job (where I would be starting from June 2010)
7. My wife's grant of leave from her medical internship (A medical internship is mandatory in Bangladesh in order to get the Medical Bachelor degree; so she couldn't show any certificate)
8. Her father's financial statement (as we thought that our financial conditions weren't satisfactory)
9. An itinerary for 4 weeks
10. Marriage certificates n all

She wasn't called for an interview or so; she was straight denied. It might be the issue that my study permit was soon expiring that time and they do not care about what I will be getting in future (i.e. post-grad work permit, job offer). Or, neither me nor her were incoming much to bear the expenses (her father's financial docs played in against of us). We are going to try again in this March as I'm going to Bangladesh on vacation. Meanwhile, I got my work permit, doing my job for last 7 months, she finished her internship and just started her first job as a doctor. I've also been nominated by Ontario PNP and submitted my PR application to Buffalo this Jan (2011).
So, here is the improved situation:

1. I can show 14~15K in my bank with last 6-month bank transactions
2. She can show her job (though she just joined there)
3. My work permit is valid for another 2.5 years
4. My ongoing job (offer letter, weekly salary statements, job verification letter)
5. My rental apartment lease document
6. NOT going to include her father this time as we are solvent by ourselves
7. She will also show a strong bank balance of her own and some property (may not be able to show property tax papers)
8. She will apply again for a Single-Entry TRV for Summer 2011 (say about June/July)

Under these circumstances, what are the ties she can show? An air line ticket? We don't have kids. Besides, we have applied for PR. Should we include that, will it affect in the wrong way? Some Visa consultants suggest that she can apply with a purpose to do an English Course here.

I strongly hope that the experienced members of this forum would be able to give me some suggestions. Thanks for reading such a long post ;D

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Anyone noticed it?

Need some help here!!! :(

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
I'll surely answer today ! Had been so busy lately. I will give my ideas.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Primary Reason for rejecting the Visa:

1. You could not show significant amount as Proof of fund. Neither in your account nor in your Father in law's account. besides, your fund is less than 6 months old.

2. You showed them your job offer, this gave the visa officer the idea that you'd stay there no matter you'd get the PR or not, moreover you are taking over your wife and you too would be a burden on their economy.

3. your wife did not have enough tourist visas on her passport that would demonstrate that she was a tour lover and would not illegally live in Canada once entered.

7. She will also show a strong bank balance of her own and some property (may not be able to show property tax papers)

She will be asked about the source of this huge fund since she has just joined a job.

4. $14,000-$15,000 is very very weak as proof of fund given the situation now in Canada, Canada is on a recession now and they need more money in their economy. They would not risk a lady who could potentially turn out to be a social aid applicant.

Dont mess with your claim for the visa.

Would you please dont mind if I asked you, how much do you get paid in Canada?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Hey jnathan,

Thanks for replying. You know that I waited long :)

Well, my base salary is 66K. I work for Hydro One Inc. and there are other benefits as they are solely owned by Ontario Govt. My position is a TEMP one only because I am not a PR/Citizen here yet. This is explained in a Hydro One letter as well. As soon as I become a PR, they will issue my original permanent position. Is it a good idea to show that I'm a TEMP, not PERMANENT yet? Should I notify that we applied for PR under Ontario PNP recently?

14K/15K isn't enough? I've been blown. Now I think that I should have saved more. But I just completed my bachelors on my own and had to pay all my personal loans/ credit card bills and so on.

My wife will show around another 12K/13K. While 20% of that is her income for last 12 months (including internship), rest from her parents or my parents. She can say that she got it from inheritance (by selling some of her dad's property and dividing them into her siblings). She also visited Australia twice, New Zealand once, Malaysia once and lived in Saudi-Arabia for 4/5 years during childhood. Last year, we went to Malaysia together for a short trip. In fact, her parents got TRV for Canada for first time just before she applied. So, I don't think her father's condition wasn't satisfying.

I just want to add that I will be working in the head office @ Toronto for a year starting from May, 2011 as a part of my job rotation. During that period, all my accommodation, food and travel costs will be covered by my employer. Should I show some document regarding this?

Please, let me know what else is making my application weak?
Dont mess with your claim for the visa.
What's that which is making it a mess? :-\

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Is it a good idea to show that I'm a TEMP, not PERMANENT yet? Should I notify that we applied for PR under Ontario PNP recently?

Visa Officers have all your information at their fingertip so even if you dont declare, they'd easily know it if they wished to. They are professional diplomats and they have access to vital security information about anyone living in Canada. I am amazed to see that you have been living in Canada for quite some time but youre not aware of these things.

But I just completed my bachelors on my own and had to pay all my personal loans/ credit card bills and so on.

Canadian Government wanted your tuition to have remitted from Bangladesh. This is another reason you are not a trusted contributor to Canadian economy. you have earned from there and spent there. they dont like this practice. moreover you have loans. remember, this is their recession time.

Her traveling records seem very good.

I just want to add that I will be working in the head office @ Toronto for a year starting from May, 2011 as a part of my job rotation. During that period, all my accommodation, food and travel costs will be covered by my employer. Should I show some document regarding this?

Obviously yes. This would reduce the burden on you to carry on your wife's cost while her stay in Canada as all your own costs would be met by your employer.

Its apparent and vivid that shortage of fund, swallowing more money from their economy rather tha feeding them from abroad has done the damage. I guess this is what they have indirectly implied to the rejection letter. They have checked your credit records and found that you are a good borrower rather than a feeder of $$$$ to their economy. I dont think you can revert this situation.

Apply again and see what they say now. talk to your friends who has taken their wives in Canada in such ways as youre trying now.

Do let us know what happened to your endeavor.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
It seems that she stands a little chance. Since I'm a 'borrower', not a 'giver'. LOL. Wish I could borrow all the money that I paid for my tuitions.

Anyway, does it impact the immigration process if she is rejected again? I heard both ways.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
No, It does not. No Impact. However, the Immigration officer will watch out her past visa applications and the outcome. One thing I can say, They don't like people with borrowing activities during their time of the recession.

xaideez

Apr 1, 2012
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Hi
Just wanted to know, whats the update on your case. Did your wife got the visa.

I heard from one of my friend that Canadian's don't issue TRV to those who've applied for immigration (Either PNP or CIC).

Let me know waiting.

Thanks
Xaideez

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
xaideez,

I wanna hear from him as well.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I forgot about this topic that I created.

Anyways, my wife's application was rejected. We both got our PR in Sep, 2011 through PNP and she finally got here first time in Oct, 2011. We've just had our first trip together to Bangladesh. So, everything is good for now.