App. Filed.......
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
15-03-2011
File Transfer...
13-01-2010
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Hi i am currently sponsoring my wife for PR residency. We are currently both living in the US and we will move back to Canada as soon as she get her PR.
Now on the documents i filed i had to mention where we will settle in Canada. Some document only ask Quebec vs Outside Quebec, other documents ask for the Province/City.
I initially mentioned Vancouver BC as that is where i was living before i left Canada a few years ago and that would obviously be the preferred choice.
Now i may face the situation where i could find a better job outside BC....

Is it possible for my wife to land in Vancouver and move somewhere else or will that require more paper work/delays...
I assume there would definitely be an issue with Quebec as a CSQ would be required.
What if we are only talking about post-landing relocation within Canada but outside Quebec ?
Do we really need acceptance from the other province (say Ontario ?). We are not provincial nominees here...

Thank you for any input on this topic.

Romain

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
No, you don't need anything special for her to complete her landing anywhere other than Quebec. You will be required, though, to prove your intent to return to Canada and settle here, so you should be making arrangements for a job and housing, etc., while waiting for her PR to be approved. That should solidify things enough that you know where you'll be going before the landing takes place - but, bottom line, let's say the two of you were living now in Seattle, but moving to Ontario. She could complete her landing at a BC port-of-entry without issue. She only needs to give an address in Canada where she will be living (other than QC) when she lands so they know where to mail her PR card.

Romain

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Kitchener Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
15-03-2011
File Transfer...
13-01-2010
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Thanks RobsLuv for your answer !

Providing the proof of intend to come back can sometime be difficult when you do not exactly know when the PR processing will complete ! I wrote a letter of commitment to move with a couple months after my wife gets her PR. Apparently that was enough for the first stage as i go my sponsorship approval. In case i am asked for more clarification later on, i intend to show some funds transfer showing that i am moving money back to Canada (you do not need and accurate location for that !). Hope that would be enough. Signing a rental lease that will exactly match the proper arrival date or lining up a job at will is not that easy right !

Romain