+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse PR

kjaspreet

Jan 5, 2018
There is a section "important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse" employment or insurance benefits.

I am going to submit PR application for my spouse(living in India).
Can I use my Job Experience letter here (indicating My name W/O my husbands name) or do I only have to use insurance benefits form?

mari5

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
There is a section "important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse" employment or insurance benefits.

Can I use my Job Experience letter here (indicating My name W/O my husbands name) or do I only have to use insurance benefits form?
It has to be a document in which you and your spouse are recognized as such - your job experience letter w/o your husband's name has no relevance as it is YOUR job experience letter (unless they include your husband in it, but that would be odd).
You need an important document that has him recognized as your spouse in order to tick that box off - I personally have my husband as my beneficiary in my work/life insurance and included that document under this category to showcase that we are spouses.

kjaspreet

Jan 5, 2018
It has to be a document in which you and your spouse are recognized as such - your job experience letter w/o your husband's name has no relevance as it is YOUR job experience letter (unless they include your husband in it, but that would be odd).
You need an important document that has him recognized as your spouse in order to tick that box off - I personally have my husband as my beneficiary in my work/life insurance and included that document under this category to showcase that we are spouses.

Hi Mari5,

I am still waiting for my health insurance policy document(this is the last document that is pending in my application) but my spouse just got his insurance policy document copy ( my name is added as nominee). Should I wait for my document or should I go ahead and submit my application with my husband's policy document? (Note: he is in India so m wondering if we need only sponsor's document)

mari5

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Hi Mari5,

I am still waiting for my health insurance policy document(this is the last document that is pending in my application) but my spouse just got his insurance policy document copy ( my name is added as nominee). Should I wait for my document or should I go ahead and submit my application with my husband's policy document? (Note: he is in India so m wondering if we need only sponsor's document)
The more the merrier - anything that can support that your marriage is legit is helpful; you can wait or send it out but, if I were you, I'd wait until getting that other document in order to have more to send off to IRCC.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Mari5,

It doesn't need to be a sponsor document. If you have the required proofs, apply.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The more the merrier - anything that can support that your marriage is legit is helpful; you can wait or send it out but, if I were you, I'd wait until getting that other document in order to have more to send off to IRCC.
No, not " the more the merrier". There is a set checklist for a reason. IRCC doesn't want boxes of proofs.

mari5

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
No, not " the more the merrier". There is a set checklist for a reason. IRCC doesn't want boxes of proofs.
Sorry if you misunderstood - I was referring to what was on the checklist. If you can provide more proof in terms of what's on the checklist then that's great.

dpreddy89

Dec 31, 2019
Hi Friends,

I am a PR holder, and I would like to sponsor my wife for the PR and she staying in Canada. Her work permit status was expired and we applied for Visitor Visa and from the last 3 months, her Visa status was still pending.

During the PR application, in the form "IMM0008" (Generic Application Form for Canada), asking for the Current country of residence and status. I selected "VISITOR" and required to enter the "From" and "To" dates. I am confused about the "To" date, which date do I need to enter. Because the visitor visa status is not yet updated!

If anyone faced this situation, please help me.

Thanks a lot!

TootToot

Mar 10, 2020

I know this is an old question, but I thought I would provide an answer for anyone newly in this situation.

In my case (and our application was approved without question), my husband and I added each other as beneficiaries to our pension accounts and life insurance policies. We provided copies of both. We also had a joint bank account and provided that as additional proof. And to provide even more proof, we had officially copies from each of our workplaces showing that we are each other's emergency contacts with "Spouse" clearly and *officially* listed under the emergency contacts.

Hope that helps spark some ideas for you on how to provide this proof.