+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP) Abu Dhabi VO gather here

Ginasadig

Oct 21, 2021
I am on OWP, full time employe NOC 0711. Applied for express enry recently too. (AOR Feb 17 2022)
Applied for my partner :
AOR Aug 03. 2021
Biometrics Aug 06 2021
Upfornt medical update Feb 25 2022

No news still. Country from Azerbaijan/ Ankara office
I dont know how long should we wait more.

Akmam Khan

Star Member
Jan 25, 2022
Applied 30th June, 2021 with upfront medical. Last medical updated and eligibility started on the 17th of August, no updates after. Applied from Pakistan but the application is being processed in Abu Dhabi VO.
can you please tell me if there's any update after that? My case is same. I've applied for sowp from Pakistan and it's been more than a month that eligibility has started but no update after that.

uaa

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
can you please tell me if there's any update after that? My case is same. I've applied for sowp from Pakistan and it's been more than a month that eligibility has started but no update after that.
I applied my wife's SOWP case in May 2021 (then reapplied in Feb 2022 as per lawyer's suggestion) and she had her medical exam in May 2021 as well. I call IRCC and IVR now says "You do not need a medical exam, we will send you a message if this changes"; but this was not on the call recording earlier.

Does the change in IVR recording mean the medical is renewed as it has been more than 12 months since the medicals were done ? If it is renewed, does this imply there is progress on the application?

Any response would be helpful. Thank you!