+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Refusal

Win Myat Thu

Jul 22, 2023
Hi All, my spouse was refused with below reason. I am full time student in one of the DLI school and we both have enough financial to support our stay in Canada but yet still refused with below reason. Anyone encounter with this refusal before or how to solve this? Thank you.

your husband was approved for study in part because you are declared as non-accompanying and your declaration that you would pay for his studies through your work in myanmar. i am not satisfied he can continue to his finance his schooling if you join him

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All, my spouse was refused with below reason. I am full time student in one of the DLI school and we both have enough financial to support our stay in Canada but yet still refused with below reason. Anyone encounter with this refusal before or how to solve this? Thank you.

your husband was approved for study in part because you are declared as non-accompanying and your declaration that you would pay for his studies through your work in myanmar. i am not satisfied he can continue to his finance his schooling if you join him
So how much is in your bank account and how long is program? Have you paid your tuition for the whole program? You said that your spouse would stay in home country to finance studies.

Win Myat Thu

Jul 22, 2023
So how much is in your bank account and how long is program? Have you paid your tuition for the whole program? You said that your spouse would stay in home country to finance studies.
I have shown more than enough the financial saving from both of us. CAD Bank account showing more than 20K and the bank account saving from my country showing more than 80,000 CAD equivalent. Even though I said that my spouse would finance while I study, anyone can change mind, right? As long as we show more than enough financial to support ourselves, why are they refusing the application?

Now, I would like to seek the advise from this group how to write the explanation letter for this refusal. Even though I tried to find the same refusal in google to get the ideas of writing the explanation, I don't find anything like this. Appreciate your advise. Thank you.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada

It seems you have a written declaration about your spouse that you have submitted in your SP application.

How did you try to defend your declaration in your spouse's WP application? Did you submit any explanation lettter?

Last edited:

Win Myat Thu

Jul 22, 2023
It seems you have a written declaration about your spouse that you have submitted in your SP application.

How did you try to defend your declaration in your spouse's WP application? Did you submit any explanation lettter?
That is what I would like to know how to defend and write the explanation letter to solve this refusal. Any ideas?

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
I know a friend of mine who did the samething during his SP and then his PR application. He never applied for his spouse since 2019 due to fear of rejection of his SP first and now PR too.

Win Myat Thu

Jul 22, 2023
I know a friend of mine who did the samething during his SP and then his PR application. He never applied for his spouse since 2019 due to fear of rejection of his SP first and now PR too.
I need to know the information of how to defend the refusal like how to write the explanation and which supporting documents are needed. Could you please help me check? Thanks.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

As clearly stated the reason why you were approved for your student visa was because YOU stated your spouse ( tie ) was going to remain on Myanmar and fund your schooling. You can change your mind , but it won’t change the reason why you were approved. Your spouse wasn’t going to accompany you.
Many state there spouse won’t be coming with them thinking it’ll increase their chances of approval. Once they arrive they want their spouse to come . The VO bases their decision on the facts on hand. Facts you presented . Sometimes the ole bait and switch doesn’t pan out
Btw when did you arrive?

Win Myat Thu

Jul 22, 2023
As clearly stated the reason why you were approved for your student visa was because YOU stated your spouse ( tie ) was going to remain on Myanmar and fund your schooling. You can change your mind , but it won’t change the reason why you were approved. Your spouse wasn’t going to accompany you.
Many state there spouse won’t be coming with them thinking it’ll increase their chances of approval. Once they arrive they want their spouse to come . The VO bases their decision on the facts on hand. Facts you presented . Sometimes the ole bait and switch doesn’t pan out
Btw when did you arrive?
I am sure there must be something to sort it out to counter the issues. I understand well for the decision fact. I arrived on 11 April 2023.

AmRF

Aug 13, 2023
Hey, I am an international student here in Canada and applied for my husband's SOWP in May and got a call from medical center for additional sputum test on last Thursday and on Friday his application got rejected saying we didn't provide additional documents they asked us but we didn't received anything on portal or any emails asking the medical tests or additional documents. Don't know what to do and agent doesn't seems to know anything in this matter and not answering the call. Can anyone suggest anything or is there anyone who faced same situation?