+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse, inland - what does the whole process look like?

neuroCanadian

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Ontario
Category........
Other
The IRCC website says that after we send in the sponsorship package, it 'usually takes about 4 months' before spouse gets open work permit. Then what?

what are all the steps after that? my understanding was that we have to get medical exam or fingerprints or dna or i don't even know what else

and then there's ohip. and the PR. Is the PR the point where the undertaking actually begins? i feel so lost

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Hi.
Waiting times are different due to the COVID situation.

In my case it took 6 months to get the work permit approved. I had to request an extension of my visitor record to have valid status in Canada.

If you apply in any province other than Quebec, after the sponsor is approved the next is the collection of biometrics, the medical examination and the last thing is the certificate of police record. Many parts of the process depend on the country of origin of the sponsored person.

Two to four months can pass between each stage of the process.

Reactions: neuroCanadian

neuroCanadian

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Ontario
Category........
Other
Many parts of the process depend on the country of origin of the sponsored person.
it looks like we might be the in the same boat haha, since my spouse is mexican. although coming to ontario, not quebec.

I still have so many questions o_O and we haven't decided whether inland is best or whether outland is best. we have a few things that could affect which choice we make, but i'm not sure how these things 'fit together' if that makes any sense.

Maybe I can DM you or something? if it's ok

Reactions: PaoTalamantesh

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
it looks like we might be the in the same boat haha, since my spouse is mexican. although coming to ontario, not quebec.

I still have so many questions o_O and we haven't decided whether inland is best or whether outland is best. we have a few things that could affect which choice we make, but i'm not sure how these things 'fit together' if that makes any sense.

Maybe I can DM you or something? if it's ok
Yes, you can DM if you want. I will help if I can :)