+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE CHANGE OF NAME UNACCOMPANIED PASSPORT FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE

ijawson

Mar 25, 2017
I got nominated for permanent residence through the provincial nominee program in January and got Married in February 2017.After the marriage my wife assumed my last name having gone through the required process with valid document as proof to show.l am currently having a problem as to which name i should use for her in my permanent resident application with regards to her surname.The reason is that,as a result of administrative delays relating to shortage of print materials experienced by the Immigration Service of my Country.International passport due for collection could not be produced.For this fact,i am unable to provide her updated passport at the moment.

More so,owing to the time constraint on my provincial nomination certificate,i am compelled to send my application for permanent residence using international passport under her Maiden name pending when her updated passport will be ready,and if requested at some point by CIC it will be made available.Can someone with similar experience help on this subject matter?Which name should i maintain in the application?Maiden name or my Family name.Will this issue not expose my application to potential delay or otherwise?Your constructive and urgent opinion will be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.