+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse admission as proof of intention to stay in Ontario

Nkuye

Jul 12, 2020
Hi All,

I recently received invitation to apply for Ontario provincial nomination. My wife applied for, and was offered, admission in a language program at a college located in Ontario.

1. Can this admission be used as proof of intention to reside in Ontario?
2. If my wife apply for study permit to attend the language program (for eight month), and I apply for visitor visa or work permit to come with her, will this affect my application for Ontario provincial nomination and subsequently my application for PR?

Thanks in advance.

Nick1233

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Hi All,

I recently received invitation to apply for Ontario provincial nomination. My wife applied for, and was offered, admission in a language program at a college located in Ontario.

1. Can this admission be used as proof of intention to reside in Ontario?

Thanks in advance.
I had nothing for 'intent to live' and just explained my case as is. It didn't seem to affect the application evaluation. They did went back and forth to verify my last job (active at that time) in US.

However things could have changed, given how some folks had abused PNP by accepting nomination from one province and immediately moving to other one after soft-landing.

Consequences genuine candidates have to live with because of others doing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Nkuye