+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship (wife).Been abroad since 2002.No OptionC.

Mar 4, 2017
Dears,

I have a question (and it is my first few words on this forum).

I am Canadian citizen, left Canada since 2002 and have not filed taxes since then. It finally got unbearable and I desperately want to return to Canada and I want to sponsor my wife. I have been preparing everything CIC is looking for in the applications.... except for the Option C.

I have been employed by few companies while abroad since 2002. I never lived in Canada since I left (I visited only for a max 40 days scattered in those 15 years).

Ofcourse I have no property and no family in Canada, and no Canadian income either at all.

I have few copies of my payslips from last year and older and also letters of employment that I got while abroad from a couple of previous employers.

What should I do regarding this Option-C? will company payslips and employment letters do the job instead? should I write CIC something?

Am currently unemployed and need to get back asap with wife and kids. I have read a lot about this Option-C I understand it is important, but have not read anywhere similar to my case not been in Canada for so long and not filed taxes. all my previous income from 15+ years earned while being a non-resident.

thank you all.