+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Timeline?

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
My wife is sponsoring my PR, and we finally received our AOR after 5 months of waiting. Does anyone know what kind of timeline we should be looking at until my PR is approved and I'm able to land in Canada? I'm assuming a spousal sponsorship from the US is pretty straightforward and should go pretty smooth, is that correct? We're trying to get some semblance of a plan for my move so I can have everything arranged with work, selling all unneeded furniture/things, etc.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My wife is sponsoring my PR, and we finally received our AOR after 5 months of waiting. Does anyone know what kind of timeline we should be looking at until my PR is approved and I'm able to land in Canada? I'm assuming a spousal sponsorship from the US is pretty straightforward and should go pretty smooth, is that correct? We're trying to get some semblance of a plan for my move so I can have everything arranged with work, selling all unneeded furniture/things, etc.
Processing times are extended right now due to COVID. Hard to estimate what it will take but you should plan for processing times to be longer than 12 months right now. I personally wouldn't make any concrete plans or sell anything until you have your visa in hand.

nwapapa

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
Processing times are extended right now due to COVID. Hard to estimate what it will take but you should plan for processing times to be longer than 12 months right now. I personally wouldn't make any concrete plans or sell anything until you have your visa in hand.
When did you applied?

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
My application was received Oct 5th. Right now my timeline on my tracker says 41% with the 12 month mark of Oct 5th 2021 being the estimated time frame. I was just hoping that being American the process would be smooth enough to go quicker

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My application was received Oct 5th. Right now my timeline on my tracker says 41% with the 12 month mark of Oct 5th 2021 being the estimated time frame. I was just hoping that being American the process would be smooth enough to go quicker
Unfortunately the % doesn't reflect the actual progress of your application. It's basically just a percentage that reflects how far you are into the estimated 12 month processing time. I would recommend ignoring it. It's pretty useless.

US applications can often go faster. Right now a 12 month processing time would be on the faster end of things.

Good luck.

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
Thanks. I figured it wouldn't be very accurate until things happened like biometrics and all that. Guess its just more of hurry up and wait

Reactions: scylla

Olaide81

Jul 8, 2018
My family's (back in Nigeria) docs (Marriage Cert, Police fingerprints, kids Birth Cert) were requested by the Canadian High Commission in Ghana in 2021 after i got my PR in April 2021. I included them in my Permanent Resident Application here in Canada. My wife submitted the requested docs since May 2021 but till now, no information concerning their application. i emailed them twice asking why the application is taking much longer than expected but was told it is in queue for a review and that nothing needs to be done at the moment. i am getting tired and frustrated because it will be a year since she submitted these documents.

Can anyone in similar situation please tell me if there's another way to get more info about this application?

I am the principal applicant residing in Canada,

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My family's (back in Nigeria) docs (Marriage Cert, Police fingerprints, kids Birth Cert) were requested by the Canadian High Commission in Ghana in 2021 after i got my PR in April 2021. I included them in my Permanent Resident Application here in Canada. My wife submitted the requested docs since May 2021 but till now, no information concerning their application. i emailed them twice asking why the application is taking much longer than expected but was told it is in queue for a review and that nothing needs to be done at the moment. i am getting tired and frustrated because it will be a year since she submitted these documents.

Can anyone in similar situation please tell me if there's another way to get more info about this application?

I am the principal applicant residing in Canada,

Thanks
This is the wrong thread to be posting this question. You haven't sponsored your family through family sponsorship. How did you get PR? Through which program?

Reactions: armoured