+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship through Vienna

StevanK

Jan 14, 2016
Hey guys. I'm new here, but the forum has helped me a lot. I am a Canadian, currently living in Serbia. I have sent a Spousal Sponsorship Application for my wife and now I'm waiting. I want to share the following info with you from my ecas:

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on October 26, 2015.
We started processing your application on January 5, 2016.
Medical results have been received.
We sent you correspondence on January 11, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

From what I learned, this hopefully means that they have approved my wife for PR and we are now awaiting for them to return her passport so that we can move to Toronto (correct me if I'm wrong)My only concern is this; is this moving too fast?? Also, does anyone have a clue as to when we will receive the passport back in the mail?

Failed to mention that we have received a passport request on January 11th. That's only 6 days after they began processing our application in Vienna. That seems unreal.

Any comment is welcome!

y-axisoverseas

Dec 16, 2015
I sure can understand it’s the crucial time, but don’t worry, I see, everything is up to date form your end. This sure has a chance for positive results.
Also, from what I could understand in the given scenario; you must have already completed your PCC & Medicals, you could even write to the case officer, once to update you on the progress.
I wish you all the luck.

For more information on the same you could refer to Canada’s official migration website: www.cic.gc.ca

Mickibeyene

Apr 6, 2018
Hi, I am currently sponsored under family class sponsorship by my spouse. Our application was sent to Vienna on January 19 2018 for further processing. I was just wondering if anyone had experience with the Vienna visa office and approximately how long did the process take?