+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship - Multiple Applications

hvitserk

Jan 3, 2021
Hi there,

I am quite confident that form IMM1344 is stale-dated (date on form older than 90 days)
I sent a web form, to withdraw, two month ago, but no answer.
I am thinking about reapplying before they return it, but I am not sure if they would count it as "multiple applications", which would not be allowed as per R10(5).
On the other hand, they say that a returned application is treated as if it never existed.

I never received AOR. Could they process it in the "wrong" order and return both, one for being stale-dated, the other being a duplicate sponsorship?

Has anybody done that?

James Lyrie-Stewart

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
You should never reapply without withdrawing first. Withdrawing takes a long time, which is why it is always best to just wait it out. If you reapply without withdrawing first, you could further delay the process.

When did you submit? It can take up to 9 months to receive AOR. You sure you aren't just being impatient?

Waves88

Jul 20, 2019
Hi there,

I am quite confident that form IMM1344 is stale-dated (date on form older than 90 days)
I sent a web form, to withdraw, two month ago, but no answer.
I am thinking about reapplying before they return it, but I am not sure if they would count it as "multiple applications", which would not be allowed as per R10(5).
On the other hand, they say that a returned application is treated as if it never existed.

I never received AOR. Could they process it in the "wrong" order and return both, one for being stale-dated, the other being a duplicate sponsorship?

Has anybody done that?
When did you submit your first application?

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
You should never reapply without withdrawing first. Withdrawing takes a long time, which is why it is always best to just wait it out. If you reapply without withdrawing first, you could further delay the process.

When did you submit it? It can take up to 9 months to receive AOR. Are you sure you aren't just impatient?
Hi. In your signature, It says the sponsor received AOR. It was received by the sponsor and not PA?

hvitserk

Jan 3, 2021

When did you submit? It can take up to 9 months to receive AOR. You sure you aren't just being impatient?
Haha you received yours within 2 weeks.
Most people talking about patience seem to receive theirs within 1m or less.
So whatever you guys do, it has nothing to do with patience

James Lyrie-Stewart

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Haha you received yours within 2 weeks.
Most people talking about patience seem to receive theirs within 1m or less.
So whatever you guys do, it has nothing to do with patience
I have been in Canada for 10 years as I work towards achieving my goal of obtaining PR in Canada. Don't tell me that I don't have patience.

Regardless, how fast I got my AOR has nothing to do with your questions, and what I said still stands:
  • Don't reapply without withdrawing first (as in, completing the withdrawal process); otherwise, it would further delay the process
  • It can take up to 9 months to receive AOR. It's different for different people but it may take a while. You can't just look at others who got their AOR very quickly and expect the same for yourself. IRCC doesn't work on a first come, first served basis.