+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship - Inland or Outland

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Hello Peeps.

I have some doubts regarding spousal sponsorship.

is it advisable to apply for TRV first and then apply for PR outland for spouse?

If my spouse is in Canada on TRV for lets say a month and I apply for her PR will it be treated inland or outland? Does having TRV affects spousal sponsorship outland application decision?

Please help.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello Peeps.

is it advisable to apply for TRV first and then apply for PR outland for spouse?

If my spouse is in Canada on TRV for lets say a month and I apply for her PR will it be treated inland or outland? Does having TRV affects spousal sponsorship outland application decision?

Please help.
To qualify for "inland" (Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class) your wife must be living with you in Canada and remain so until PR is granted. Anything else and you need to apply "outland" (Family Class) instead.

Reactions: Jabya

Jabya

May 29, 2019
To qualify for "inland" (Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class) your wife must be living with you in Canada and remain so until PR is granted. Anything else and you need to apply "outland" (Family Class) instead.
Thank you. That gives me some clarity.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Peeps.

Please help.
You can try for a TRV but chances of approval are low.

Inland or outland is your choice, so how the app is treated depends on what you select.

Having a TRV has zero effect on a PR app.

Jabya

May 29, 2019
So I to avoid any complications, I will apply for Spouse application outland only. That should simplify things a bit for myself.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
You should just note that if your wife in in Canada and you apply
So I to avoid any complications, I will apply for Spouse application outland only. That should simplify things a bit for myself.
You should just bear in mind that if your wife is in Canada and you apply outland, she might have to travel back to her home country for biometrics or interview.

Jabya

May 29, 2019
You should just note that if your wife in in Canada and you apply

You should just bear in mind that if your wife is in Canada and you apply outland, she might have to travel back to her home country for biometrics or interview.
Yes. Got that. Thanks mate.

Jabya

May 29, 2019
You can try for a TRV but chances of approval are low.

Inland or outland is your choice, so how the app is treated depends on what you select.

Having a TRV has zero effect on a PR app.
Hey @canuck_in_uk something you mentioned here bugging me now, why do you think TRV approval chances are low? Please explain a bit if possible.

A little background might help you explain me better, I got married after I got my COPR, so now I have to sponsor my wife so she can get pr and we start our life in Canada soon. But since spousal sponsorship timeline ranges from 5 months to 1 years (I hope we get it asap!) I was thinking of applying for TRV for her so she can come stay with for some time until my spousal sponsorship application (application will be outland) gets approved.

Should I apply for TRV first and once its approved, then only apply for spousal sponsorship?

or Should I not go for TRV at all and just apply spousal sponsorship application as soon as I land?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey @canuck_in_uk something you mentioned here bugging me now, why do you think TRV approval chances are low? Please explain a bit if possible.

A little background might help you explain me better, I got married after I got my COPR, so now I have to sponsor my wife so she can get pr and we start our life in Canada soon. But since spousal sponsorship timeline ranges from 5 months to 1 years (I hope we get it asap!) I was thinking of applying for TRV for her so she can come stay with for some time until my spousal sponsorship application (application will be outland) gets approved.

Should I apply for TRV first and once its approved, then only apply for spousal sponsorship?

or Should I not go for TRV at all and just apply spousal sponsorship application as soon as I land?
You need to contact CIC and tell them you got married and you need to add your wife on your application. If you land on your current COPR and you got married you will not be able to sponsor your spouse.

vic2rsam

Dec 21, 2019
Hi, Is there anyone who have the same scenario as mine...Kindly Advice!!
We applied for Spousal Sponsorship ( under student visa). my wife granted student visa for 1 year and it will end Aug 2020.
We submitted the application on Dec 2020, & the Biometric on Jan 30, 2020 submitted
but due to the Covid-19 the application was put onhold.
Question:
1. Is there any possibility that our application shall be approve, even though my wife schooling is nearly finish?
2. What we have to do or do the IRCC will call us on what we need to do regarding the application?
3. Lastly, should we apply for 2nd course for my wife then reapply our spousal sponsorship application?

THANK YOU