+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Open Work Permit (Outland) - Skilled Worker

ronitsharma

Star Member
Sep 4, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am a skilled worker (NOC Code B) and I am planning to apply for my wife's Open work permit, who is India right now. She is currently working as a manager in a company for almost 6 years now.

I have my offer letter, employer verification letter, 3 pay stubs and $15000+ in my account.

My questions are:
1. Funds - Does my wife also have to show any proof of funds? I will be attaching her offer letter, promotion letters and last 6 months pay slips. Does she need some minimum balance in her Indian account for this application?
2. Strong Ties with home country - How to prove this point? She doesn't own a property, but all her education and work experience is in India. I will be attaching all those documents as well. What else should I add so that she has a strong case in this point as well? How should I mention that she will come back to her home country once the visa expires?
3. Where to put my information/documents - Should I attached all my documents with the Family information form (IMM5257) or should I attach all my documents + my wife's documents + SOP in the Client information section. I am just wondering if I attach all of that in Client info section, the file would be way more than 4mb.

Please help!

Thank,
Ronit