Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
<br>Express Entry (Point: 392), <br>Applied under SINP EE <br>In Process 30-06-2015<br> After Nomination (Point: 992)
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Dear Altruist!

My husband want to apply for open work permit as spouse. First time he applied with me (for TRV), they rejected his application. he applied for CAIPS note and found that VO wrote , "Not enough country tie". Another thing.. he unfortunately applied for 2 year as trv. That is also one of the main reason of rejection.

Now, I have 2 questions:
1. If he buys a land then, will it be natural to consider as country tie? or will it be more suspicious?

2. Recently, he is admitted to an evening MBA program. Can he submit a letter from department? or he should not show that he is still studying as he is applying for OWP.

3. As he is employed, is it needed to show leave letter from the company? In the work permit checklist from VFS and from
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/visas/54_1.aspx?lang=eng that:
"If you are employed, a signed original letter on company letterhead from the employer granting leave of absence"

Is it needed ?
or if possible, will it be a good idea to take a 2 years leave from the company and saying that they will give him job back with better position and salary (like team leader) if he come back?

Any other tips, I will definitely appreciate it...

His short profile:
* Senior Programmer
* 4 years Experience
* Have M.Sc. in CSE

Thanks in advance!

iceage

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
<br>Express Entry (Point: 392), <br>Applied under SINP EE <br>In Process 30-06-2015<br> After Nomination (Point: 992)
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
I am currently studying full time at M.Sc. Program in Concordia University.

iceage

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
I have just started my program, this summer. So, I'll be graduated within 2 years.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are sending contradictory messages to CIC.

I would advice you to wait, settle down first. You have just STARTED your study but your husband is ready to abandon everything in home country and follow you to Canada.
I do not think that right now even buying a land or his enrollment in the SECOND master program will overweight his first application for a TVR for TWO years.

iceage

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
How much time I should wait?
My husband talked with one of the lawyer (Mr. Gabriel Dumitrascu) from The Law Firm of Campbell (David Cohen) 2 days ago. He said that it does not have any effect with time as he did not apply for any OWP yet. So, he can apply for it as he is eligible. But if he want to apply for visitor only then he should wait.

confused :(

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It doesn't matter if he applies for a different status in Canada as long as he got rejected once.

The background section of IMM5257 specifically asks if the applicant has been refused any kind of visa, admission or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country. And he will need to say yes and provide detailed information related to this event (CAIPS).

Therefor, he COULD apply for an OWP, but no guarantees whatsoever because of this 2yr TRV claim :-(

Nafs

May 23, 2014
Hi

I have received acceptance letter for a 2-year graduate program in Guelph, Canada. I will be applying for study permit. I would like to take my wife along with me. Please provide suggestions on which type of visa to apply for my wife - TRV or OWP? She is currently working in a marketing company for the last 2 years. We are from Bangladesh, and we have sufficient funds to support both of us for 2 years of study.

Looking forward to your kind suggestions.

Thanks, Nafs