+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application experiences

TheSpouse

Jan 21, 2010
If you have applied from within Canada for permanent residency through the spousal class and have received a decision from CIC (either yes or no), or if you are the spouse of someone like that, I would appreciate hearing about your experiences. Specifically:

1. How long did it take from start to finish?
2. What were the reasons for any delays in processing (e.g., insufficient documents, etc.)
3. Were you called in for an interview?
4. Were you successful?

I know that processing times are published on the CIC website, but we are hoping to get a better picture of what the times are really like in practice. We are told that it can take much longer if you have to go in for an interview, but we don't know how likely that is.

Thank you to everyone for your comments.

FamilyMan

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2009
AOR Received.
05-01-2010
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Done....
13-08-2009
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2010
Hi

This is a very good site for the type of statistics you are interested in

trackitt.com

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
TheSpouse said:
If you have applied from within Canada for permanent residency through the spousal class and have received a decision from CIC (either yes or no), or if you are the spouse of someone like that, I would appreciate hearing about your experiences. Specifically:

1. How long did it take from start to finish?
2. What were the reasons for any delays in processing (e.g., insufficient documents, etc.)
3. Were you called in for an interview?
4. Were you successful?

I know that processing times are published on the CIC website, but we are hoping to get a better picture of what the times are really like in practice. We are told that it can take much longer if you have to go in for an interview, but we don't know how likely that is.

Thank you to everyone for your comments.
You'll probably want to explore the possibilities to apply outside Canada, since it's much faster than applying inland in most cases. Note that you can be in Canada and still apply outland.