+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship vs Experience Class

tak.japan

Aug 27, 2011
For a person who satisfy both family class (married to Canadian citizen) as well as experience class.
Which one is faster to process PR? Their website mention experience class is 1 month faster, but it feels family class is more certain....

I wanted to get the experts' opinion around which class I should submit my PR application.

I appreciate any opinion... thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll need to provide more information.

Where are you from / what passport do you hold? Would you plan to apply for family class using the inland or outland route?

squishyface

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
Med's Request
26-11-2013
Med's Done....
23-12-2013 med's received 20-01-2014
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24-01-14
tak.japan said:
For a person who satisfy both family class (married to Canadian citizen) as well as experience class.
Which one is faster to process PR? Their website mention experience class is 1 month faster, but it feels family class is more certain....

I wanted to get the experts' opinion around which class I should submit my PR application.

I appreciate any opinion... thanks!
sponsorship is and can be a long and painful process. You can apply for both to be safe.

tak.japan

Aug 27, 2011
scylla said:
You'll need to provide more information.

Where are you from / what passport do you hold? Would you plan to apply for family class using the inland or outland route?
thanks for the reply.
Here is an additional information:
I hold a Japanese passport, and since I am already in Canada, working with permit, I guess I would have to apply inland route.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
tak.japan said:
thanks for the reply.
Here is an additional information:
I hold a Japanese passport, and since I am already in Canada, working with permit, I guess I would have to apply inland route.
Have a look on CICs processing times website, seems like a long wait for family class sponsorship applications.
>> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Inland applications: Step 1 > 11 months and Step 2 > 8 months

If you qualify for CEC, I would suggest going with that.

Sep 23, 2013
CEC better for sure because your pr is unconditional whereas if u get sponsored you need to continue to live with your sponsor 2 years after the process. If u split before these 2 years expire, you will lose PR. I applied for both and am greatful since my spouse started blackmailing and controlling me after sponsoring me. He was a great person until he realized he had the power and turned me into a viction of domestic violence:-( had I just applied with the sponsorship app, I would be history by now.
Secondly, because of the strike, sponsorship app's waiting times moved 5 months forward for 1st stage approval from 6 initial months to 11 months now. This means you will be under implied status up to 11 months, if u apply for wp extension based on sponsorship app, which is no picnic trust me. Under normal circumstances, it wouldn't make a difference BUT unfortunatel things change, trust me, so keep that in mind before u make a decision

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
i totally agree with Suddenly Susan,PR under spousal category is conditional and if you do not respect the conditions after becoming a pr then you are risking your permanent residence status been revoked or jail tome or BOTH.
PR under CEC does not have any restrictions.