+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship Refusal Group of Five appeal?

ktown

Jan 17, 2020
Hello,

Our group of five was rejected for "Necessary information and documents concerning the funds being held was not provided: 1) An explanation as to how the funds were obtained. 2) A signed and stamped letter form the financial institution attesting to the details of the trust account. 3) Sufficient proof demonstrating the origins and availability of the funds"

I am confused cause we have the funds in an account and submitted a bank statement, payslips, and tax return. I am not sure why that is not considered sufficient proof. We emailed back asking if we can resend the info and are still waiting for a response.

Now it looks like we might have to restart the whole application and wait another 8 months. Even though we can provide more info. Is there a way to appeal the decision if they do not allow us to provide the supplement information? Instead of starting all over again.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
They don’t want proof you have the money, , they want documentation and certification from the bank where the money came from originally. Is it legitimate.

ktown

Jan 17, 2020
They don’t want proof you have the money, , they want documentation and certification from the bank where the money came from originally. Is it legitimate.
Thanks!

Yes, I can prove that as the source is from my job. My fear is redoing the whole application for something I can prove in 10 min and waiting another 8 MONTHS. Do you think I have grounds to appeal if I can prove that and they make resubmit the whole application and wait another 8 months?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Ask for reconsideration and supply the documents they requested from the bank and yourself. You are probably looking at 6-12 months for an appeal, and it would probably be refused as they rejected the application for valid reasons.

Reactions: ktown