+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship/PR filing

TJL

Star Member
Jul 2, 2007
Wife is Canadian citizen. I'm US citizen. Planning on relocating to Alberta a.s.a.p.
Would you mind checking out what we've done thus far? I think we're about ready to send our documents in.
Completed: 5490, 5540, 5481, App to sponsor and undertaking, App for PR in Canada, Sponsorship Evaluation, Additional Family Info, Schedule 1 Background/Declaration, Option C Printout (in route), 4 immigration photos for each (do these need to be "certified, guarantored, notarized"?)

Have but need copies of: Marriage certificate, passports, birth certificates

Need: Police certificate, Medical Examination, receipt of payment (will do on-line)

Is there anything I'm overlooking?

Additionally, there are 2 checklist documents that I've come across: "Document Checklist- Sponsor" and "Appendix A Checklist".
Do I need either or both of these?

Thanks again in advance for resonding!

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
You're missing ..

* Sponsorship Agreement (1344B)

Yes, you need to send the Document Checklist / Sponsor along with your application.

I don't recognize the "Appendix A Checklist." But it wouldn't hurt for you to send that, too.

For your police checks, I suggest you apply for the FBI background check as soon as possible. The absolute minimum they can process it in is about a month. And if you don't specify a deadline, it could take 3 months. So write "DEADLINE: xx/xx/xx" on both the outside of the envelope and on the application, itself. I suggest putting a date of 2-3 weeks from your mailing date. Anything shorter won't matter - they have to have at least 2 weeks, and then you add mailing time and office "shuffle." They're pretty good, though. Here's a link to the FBI's instructions:

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

TJL

Star Member
Jul 2, 2007
Thanks for the heads up on "IMM 1344B"!

I still am confused regarding photos however. IMM 5574 E is "Document Checklist for PR Card" It talks about having your photos signed by a guarantor, which is attached to form IMM 5455. I've completed IMM 0008 but haven't seen anything the IMM 5455. So I'm confused about it! Can you clarify please?
Thanks again!!!!

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
TJL

You don't need to complete that form because you're not a Permanent Resident yet. You're still applying to immigrate. So this is the only site that matters:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp#immigrate